The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > We are treated like vegetables by the Politicians!

We are treated like vegetables by the Politicians!

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All
I recently sent an e-mail request to the L.N.P asking for information
regarding the projected changes to the Old Age Pension, due to take effect in 2017, (I supplied my own financial particulars). I stated that depending upon the information that I received, it could affect my decision as to the direction in which I would cast my vote in the coming Federal Election?

I received the standard robotic response telling me that my communication had been received, but nothing indicating that I could expect a reply.

I then sent off a similar request to my local member for FLYNN in Queensland, asking 3 questions and 1 request relating to the projected O.A.P changes due in 2017 as follows:
Will the O.A.P changes affect:
A)Pensioners currently receiving the O.A.P?
B)Veterans Affairs Pensioners?
C)Gold Card Holders?
and
* Could you please send me a copy of the applicable Old Age Pension Rates?

So far I have NOT received any response at all to my request to my Local Member, which is the third time I have communicated with him and received no response, since he has been in office.

The arrogance that appears to permeate through the ranks of "elected" Representatives, once they are installed in the world of the "Untouchables" makes one wonder how the country manages to make any progress at all.

I await a simple answer to a simple request, but fear that once again I will be treated as a decaying vegetable, to be ignored or disposed of!

I expect that whoever gains office at the Election will no doubt once again manipulate themselves another massive and obscene Pay and Allowances increase, leaving the Old Age Pensioners to manage with less.

The way things are looking, ....guess who I won`t be voting for?
Posted by Crackcup, Monday, 23 May 2016 10:10:38 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
"Look, I know you are depending on Egypt, that splintered reed of a staff, which pierces the hand of anyone who leans on it! Such is Pharaoh king of Egypt to all who depend on him" [2 Kings 18:21]
Posted by Yuyutsu, Monday, 23 May 2016 6:01:52 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
With confidence I will state that it will not adversely effect the golden handshake the politicians receive.

Anything to adversely effect them will not pass their collective vote,
for example
"Five double-dipping MPs admitted yesterday to claiming a $273-a-night travel ­allowance for their own Canberra residences while also claiming tax deductions, as Malcolm Turnbull and Bill Shorten found common ground in ­defending the entitlement"

One other point you have to consider is if you do get an answer from a public servant $10 says if you ask the same question to another public servant you will get a different answer, I have had that happen on 2 occasions.
Posted by Philip S, Tuesday, 24 May 2016 12:56:35 AM
Dear Yuyutsu,

Good quote. Tom Reed was speaker of the US House of Representatives.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Brackett_Reed
Posted by david f, Tuesday, 24 May 2016 10:23:59 AM
Crackup

"I recently sent an e-mail request to the L.N.P asking for information regarding the projected changes to the Old Age Pension, due to take effect in 2017, (I supplied my own financial particulars). I stated that depending upon the information that I received, it could affect my decision as to the direction in which I would cast my vote in the coming Federal Election?"

You forgot to ask them to do your tax return too.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Tuesday, 24 May 2016 11:29:35 AM
Is a mushroom a vegetable?
They're kept in the dark and fed on crap.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Wednesday, 25 May 2016 7:32:17 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy