The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Who do you think should run the country, and why?

Who do you think should run the country, and why?

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All
Is it just me, or has Bill turned on the charisma in an attempt to wow the masses, a la Kevin 07.

If he is, there is one very HUGE difference, that being NO MONEY to waste this time and a HUGE DEBT to be serviced, if not repaid at some point in time.

Surely the masses are not stupid enough to be wooed again.

I truly think we may well have reached the point in Australian politics where we need a 'none of the above' option, because whether the libs retain office, or labor get back in, I cant see much changing. Although I can see labor finishing what they started, that being finding rock bottom.

Who do you think should run our country, and why?

Either way, a vote for labor or libs will see far more immigrants let in than we can sustain.

Is it time for the minors to have a much larger say?
Posted by rehctub, Saturday, 21 May 2016 8:26:44 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
It's just you. Bill's personal approval rating is still low, despite the recent rise.

Australia is a sovereign currency issuer, and the government does not borrow except in the currency it prints. Our debt is still quite low, but even if we had twice as much debt as Greece, we could afford to spend just as easily as if we had no debt at all. Interest rates are at record lows so the cost of servicing our debt is negligible, but if there's one huge difference now it's that there are more shovel ready projects available, so more of the money can be spent on things that make our economy more competitive. And as with last time, most of the money will automatically be recouped through the tax system.

Surely the masses are not stupid enough to be worried about debt again?

We don't need a None of the Above option, as we have independents and minor parties that can hold the government to account. I do hope we get a hung parliament again, as governments can't do as much damage when they're forced to justify every decision they make.

I think Labor are preferable to the Libs overall – at least Labor will avoid false economies like Fraudband.

If you think our immigration rate is too high then I suggest you vote for Dick Smith's party. But personally I disagree; I think we should be working on the problem from the other end, increasing the number of people this country can sustain.
Posted by Aidan, Saturday, 21 May 2016 11:22:55 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Tony Abbott appears to have more character, common sense and integrity more than any other leader since John Howard. The fact that regressives hate him so much demonstrates he is the best qualified.
Posted by runner, Saturday, 21 May 2016 12:59:31 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Butch, are you getting nervous or something that you had to start an anti Labor propaganda thread. Unless he is a complete dumb cluts (ala the Mad Monk Abbott) Turnballs should be returned, probably with a reduced majority. Just keep your finger on the scales, and fat in the snags, and all should be honky dory,.. or so so,... whatever.
Posted by Paul1405, Saturday, 21 May 2016 6:08:41 PM
Nobody should run the country.

If you live in this country and someone runs the country, this implies that this person is also running your life - what a sick idea!
Posted by Yuyutsu, Sunday, 22 May 2016 1:29:22 AM
Are you serious flesher?
After the procession of lies and corruption from the lying liars party the last three years is there anyone stupid enough to still trust the lieberals?
Thats gotta be some industrial strength stupid to keep falling for their lies time after time.
After all the rabbotts lies and BS now turncoats utter failure to be true to a single thing he has professed to believe in you still think the lying liars from the lying liars party can be trusted.
They wont release any policies because they know if we knew the slightest detail of their real intentions if they win the election they would be wiped out.

Best thing we can do is put lab/lib last. Maybe then with a mass of independents and a permanently hung parliament they might start listening to the majority of us and not their mates in business and the unions.
Posted by mikk, Sunday, 22 May 2016 11:56:47 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy