The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > George Soros in the News

George Soros in the News

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 31
  7. 32
  8. 33
  9. Page 34
  10. 35
  11. 36
  12. All
Shocking news from the United States where Jihadist Islamic fundamentalist Muslim Omar Mateen criminally obtained a licence and a firearm by deception and fraud, breaking numerous other laws in the process and stands accused of murdering fifty patrons of a gay bar, many of whom were black, the worst terrorist shooting in US history.

Do Muslim fundamentalists have serious issues with homosexuality, as well as despising anyone who is not a Muslim, Paul1405? You might advise.
Posted by onthebeach, Monday, 13 June 2016 7:31:51 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
As yet Beach, what motivated this licensed gun owning madman is not clear. You would like your rant to be so, as it would serve well to deflect any scrutiny of lax US gun laws, and any comparisons to be drawn, should Australia go down that US path of uncontrolled gun ownership.

"In the past two weeks Mateen legally purchased a Glock pistol and a long gun, ATF Assistant Special Agent in Charge Trevor Velinor told reporters.
It's not known if those weapons were used in the attack.
"He is not a prohibited person. They can legally walk into a gun dealership and acquire and purchase firearms. He did so. And he did so within the last week or so," Velinor said.

Full story from CNN

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/06/12/us/orlando-nightclub-shooting/

At the moment I will leave my judgement as it is, until more facts become clear.

Please comment on the One Nation nonsense, because you are a wholehearted supporter of One Nation's gun policy.
Posted by Paul1405, Monday, 13 June 2016 8:15:12 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I am not and I never have been a member of any political party. You know that.

A white man shoots a geriatric African lion for a fee.

The man is universally vilified and demonised. It is his fault.

A Muslim walks into a gay bar and kills fifty patrons, injuring many more.

Hey, it's the gun's fault.

Do Muslim fundamentalists have serious issues with homosexuality, as well as despising anyone who is not a Muslim, Paul1405? You might advise.
Posted by onthebeach, Monday, 13 June 2016 8:29:11 PM
"I am not and I never have been a member of any political party." Neutrality is part of the persona you like to project on the forum, after all you are of the "moderate" persuasion, so you claim. Of course you don't have to be a member to be a supporter. You should remember that, like thousands of others, I am a member of the NSW Greens, I am not a Trotskyist or a watermelon, as you continually try to label me as, by default. "NSW Watermelon Trotskyist Greens", in that vain I will continue to label you as I see fit.

I am not out to justify any form of radical Islam, or any kind of radicalism, for that matter, in fact I detest everything radicalism stands for. I would not doubt this Maniac In America, Omar Mateen, like Man Monis in Sydney, or the crazed Norwegian Anders Breivk were drawn to some radical nonsense, most likely were. What I am concerned about is the way these nutters are able to obtain guns and it appears in the case of Mateen, legally. That indicates to me the system of gun regulation is severely flawed, and those that support that flawed system are in part culpable for the crime.

All guns, legal and illegal, start out being legally manufactured. The manufacture knows the guns he produces have one, and only one primary purpose, and that is to kill. Just because some of those guns fall into illegal hands through a flawed control system, does not negate the responsibility of those in authority controlling and maintaining the system, like polititions, manufactures, legal dealers etc.
When polititions nove to relax gun laws, as they do, they know full well that by their actions, more innocent people will die. They cannot simply throw up their arms and say "It wasn't me who fired the gun, it was a madman!" No, you and those that support you didn't fire the gun, you and them, just helped load the ammunition!

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-04-30/queensland-police-seize-drugs-money-guns-gold-coast/7373042

That gun is deadly legal or illegal!
Posted by Paul1405, Tuesday, 14 June 2016 5:53:36 AM
Paul1405,

You must never read the links you post before spouting the bumpf you get from 'gun control' activists.

The story you posted confirms facts already proved, that almost all violent crimes including gun crime are associated with drugs and gangs.

So why would Qld Labor Premier Palaszczuk with the support of the treacherous Greens be scuttling the successful Vicious Lawless Association Disestablishment Act 2013 (VLAD) which was enacted (and supported by the High Court of Australia) to "severely punish members of criminal organisations that commit serious offenses"?

Palaszczuk has opined that it is "excessively harsh" on criminals. Say what?

It is always the case that where decisions matter, Labor and Greens are very soft on criminals, especially of the drug trafficking kind who are destroying the futures of children. They are the ones with the imported illegal 'gangsta guns' and they are the ones doing the drive-by shootings and murdering people. Apart from the Islamic terrorists of course. No concerns expressed for victims of crime and for the general public though. Oh, and every excuse made for those Islamic terrorists too, both here and overseas.
Posted by onthebeach, Tuesday, 14 June 2016 2:39:12 PM
Paul,

"....All guns, legal and illegal, start out being legally manufactured."
Utter baloney, and one of the recurring lies that the Greens and other ratbag groups keep putting out.

The famous Israeli Uzi sun-machine gun started life as an illegally manufactured weapon back when the Brits controlled Palestine.

Our own famous Owen gun started as an illegally made gun by Evelyn Owen, it only became legal when it was manufactured under contract to the Federal Government by Lysaghts.

India has strict gun laws and thousands of illegally manufactured guns, known generically as 'Country guns'; including some very sophisticated sub-machine guns which are electrically ignited and have selective fire capabilities.

Don't you ever read the local press?
There have been news items about the manufacture of illegal firearms in Australia.
Posted by Is Mise, Tuesday, 14 June 2016 3:26:22 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 31
  7. 32
  8. 33
  9. Page 34
  10. 35
  11. 36
  12. All