The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > The Strange Ways of Malcolm T

The Strange Ways of Malcolm T

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All
What to make of this?

"Greens candidate now a deputy head of Turnbull’s department

Lin Hatfield Dodds the Green Senate candidate for the ACT for two elections running has been appointed a deputy secretary in Prime Minister and Cabinet in charge of all things social policy. Many Liberal MPs apoplectic. PM one suspects was consulted. If not tells us all we need to know about Turnbull’s appointment of Martin Parkinson (as PMC head).

Bureaucrats (are) upset as well because of lack of public service experience."
heraldsun, May7 2016
Posted by onthebeach, Saturday, 7 May 2016 8:14:35 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
LOL, Beach not happy that one of his knuckle dragging KKK types didn't get the gig! Social policy no less. Malcolm can spot talent "one suspects".
Beach, must have been having drinky poos with Sir Humphrey Appleby at 'The Club'; "Bureaucrats (are) upset as well because of lack of public service experience." And to add insult to injury, I googled Lin Hatfield Dodds, and don't mind that she has qualifications as long as your arm, SHE IS A WOMAN! I kid you not, A WOMAN! And "one suspects" she can't even whip up a half decent batch of scones!
Posted by Paul1405, Sunday, 8 May 2016 11:24:52 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Paul1405,

First, here is a buffed up article about Lin Hatfield Dodds. By an ABC reporter of course,

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2010-07-02/dreaming-of-greener-pastures/889586

In my post, the reference to public servants being concerned about this lateral placement was a direct quote. The PS union has been quite concerned about lateral recruitment since the Whitlam Labor government set the precedent of extensive replacement of senior executives. A practice reminiscent of the US 'Spoils System', where the incoming administration brings its own political appointees with it.

Spoils System
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spoils_system

Frankly, the PS unions and others would be wondering and quite reasonably what particular skills the APS is deficient in, ie in the scores of highly qualified permanent staff in the Senior Executive Service, that a lateral recruit to this senior executive position in the Prime Minister's own department was necessary.

Personally, I would very much prefer open competition - that ALL APS vacancies were advertised and automatically open to all comers.

Now, what about you comment on this rather controversial appointment that Malcolm Turnbull must have know about, instead of your endless diversions?
Posted by onthebeach, Sunday, 8 May 2016 3:39:13 PM
Beach, nothing like a 6 year old "news" story to attack this appointment. Where was the Green hating Beach when Tony Abbott appointed Peta Credlin to the top position in his department. A woman who's biggest claim to fame was she worked in horse racing and was a Liberal Party lackey.

In your opinion Beach who should have got the job, your man Jim Saleam. I thought you were a advocate of equal opportunity, ha, ha, or does that only apply to the old boys in the PS. Where do you see women in the Public Service these days, rising to the rank of 'tea lady' and no more!

I note your thread hasn't attracted the usual suspects from the rabid right. Maybe they will be along later after finishing sticking pins in their 'Bill' dolls.
Posted by Paul1405, Monday, 9 May 2016 6:00:48 AM
Sorry so sorry, that was a typo on my part, that should have read 'Malcolm' dolls.
Posted by Paul1405, Monday, 9 May 2016 6:03:29 AM
Just seems very naive to me to appoint a member of one of the
opposition parties to a job in his own office.
ie unless it is an example of keep them closer.

Beach, don't worry about Paul 1490, he is getting a bit paranoid laterly.
Posted by Bazz, Monday, 9 May 2016 9:45:29 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy