The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > at what poinmt should we start discriminating, especuially against our young job seekers.

at what poinmt should we start discriminating, especuially against our young job seekers.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. Page 8
  10. 9
  11. All
Mr Opinion, the Chinese don't need an invitation because I suspect with our PC culture and our unwillingness to step on dicks, we are the laughing stock of the world. They would certainly change that in a heart beat.

In our current political arena the priority is first winning votes, followed closely by holding votes. The big issues come a distant third.

I would suggest Bill Shorten has just made a huge blunder by announcing he will accept the decision of the fair work tribunal on Sunday penalty rates. That's yet to be seen I might add, but he has just confused some of his die hard followers I would suggest with that comment.

The pendulum just swung a bit the other way for some.
Posted by rehctub, Saturday, 23 April 2016 12:45:12 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The way we are going it is a race between the Chinese, & the Muslims to take over Oz.

It will be ironic if we old fashioned Ozzies, you know the ANZAC type, get to spectate in a civil war between these two, for control of the country.

Who ever wins, there's going to be many bonfires, burning same sex marriage certificates. Jobs will be the least of our worries.
Posted by Hasbeen, Saturday, 23 April 2016 12:58:45 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I have been impressed by the skills and positive attitudes of the young Irish tradesmen and women being used by the heavy equipment hire firms locally. Always start before time with their safety and maintenance checks and always cheery, which is immediately returned making the workplace pleasant.

There is a slip of a young women, obviously well-trained, who can and does put her truck where the local 'super drivers' cannot. It is particularly noteworthy that where soil is being excavated, the temporary Irish operators always finish the day by smoothing down the piles to reduce the problem of wind borne dust. Five to ten minutes that keeps the builder on better terms with affected residents. They don't need the site supervisor chasing them to do it.

A couples of minutes drive away and hanging around the shopping centre and tavern there are the slack-arsed, tatts-covered Oz ferals who wouldn't even have washed the night or last week from their hide. They would be whining about Centrelink expecting them to try for training and a job, but all the while signalling through their obviously intended visual cues and their behaviour that they fully intend to bludge forever.

Why would anyone be making excuses for them?
Posted by onthebeach, Saturday, 23 April 2016 1:31:57 PM
Dear Hasbeen,

As far as Sydney is concerned the Chinese have already taken over. You should pop down for a visit and check it out. Absolutely amazing! I was watching the trains coming and going on the platform the other morning peak hour and I reckon half the carriages were full of Chinese. I know a lot of other Asians e.g. Filipinos who are asking the same question: 'What are all these Chinese doing here?'

Forget what Suseonline and Aidan tell you. Suseonline comes from WA and Aidan must also definitely be from outside of Sydney. They both think the Chinese in Sydney account for only 3 in every 100 persons. 3 in 100 would only add up the numbers living in Hurstville alone.

Actually I've noticed an increase in the working Chinese since the ChAFTA came into effect which makes me think that Chinese companies are bringing in their own workers from mainland China.

I feel sorry for all those men and women who fought in WW2 to protect Australia from invasion. For the ones who are no longer with us all I can say is they would be turning in their graves if they knew how Australia's politicians and business leaders have sold out their descendants to the Chinese all for a bagful of free fake $40K Rolexes.

For those who can't come to grips with what I am saying please come to Sydney and see it for yourself before criticising me for my comments and brushing me off as some paranoid Sinophobe. It's absolutely amazing!
Posted by Mr Opinion, Saturday, 23 April 2016 2:35:31 PM
While I totally respect the right of people to colour their hair, ink their skin, and pierce themselves in any bodily projection or orifice they so choose....rehctub has a fair point. I'm not in the least bit bothered by the tattoo brigade - at least not any more (I work with zillions of them), but I can appreciate that appearance offends or bothers some people (most likely including rehctub). These people have every right to find certain appearances acceptable or offensive. But what I am hoping is that most people out there can lift their gaze slightly and look at the bigger picture. I'm not saying job applicants shouldn't take a long, hard, look in the mirror before going to a job interview - in fact far from it. In fact some of them need a serious wake up call. rehctub - your opinions are duly noted and understood. But there are much, much bigger issues at play here, and I fear that far too many people in the business community just don't get it. If we fix these issues below (which I cannot see happening any time soon), then I can guarantee that all the tattoos and piercings won't seem like such a problem.

Our economic and employment climate in Australia has changed drastically over the last decade or so. In particular, our new "brilliant" Free Trade Laws (not!), along with the drastic increases in technology, and sharp increase of cheap foreign labour. With these recent changes, we've drastically reduced the number of FULLTIME jobs available, while simultaneously we have increased the labour pool. What this has resulted in is that there are just way too few jobs available for our current population. Virtually all the job opportunities for the masses working in the 1970's and earlier are now gone. It does not matter which way you look at it, this is an indisputable fact - etched into stone. Unless we reduce our population AND increase job numbers, Australia will simply become one giant prison.
Posted by Rear Admiral, Saturday, 23 April 2016 6:08:38 PM
Mr O,

Do you consider one selling pork to a Chinaman from his chop shop, even if he puts his thumb on the scales to overcharge the undesirable, and notwithstanding he serves him last, even if he was first in the queue. Is that in your opinion aiding and abetting the enemy. Could it be tantamount to treason! I suspect that this practice is widespread in butcher shops all over Australia. Naturally not in Butcher's butcher shop, the sign at the front door would make it perfectly clear as to who will, and who will not be served!
And, I haven't even mentioned the greengrocers yet!
Posted by Paul1405, Saturday, 23 April 2016 7:14:25 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. Page 8
  10. 9
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy