The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > at what poinmt should we start discriminating, especuially against our young job seekers.

at what poinmt should we start discriminating, especuially against our young job seekers.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. All
Hasbeen,

"As for spelling, I don't give a damn. I am interested in what is being said, & provided I can get the meaning, who cares.

I gather most of us journalise anyway, usually using only the first 2 & last 2 letters of a word to decipher it. This is great for me. Being slightly dyslexic, I can transpose the e & a in a word like teacher, & not be able to see my error in a dozen proof readings. Thus I don't notice, or care about, the errors of others.

Then with my typing ability, when spell checker is working I can have a very colourful page, just with my mishit keys. Just as long as I can continue to tell which way is up, an increasingly rare skill, I'm happy."

And in your latest post you display care and attention to the activity you are undertaking - it's well written and not slap dash. Your posts are always of quality. It shows that you care about the people reading it.

Which was my point to rehctub.
Posted by Poirot, Saturday, 23 April 2016 3:38:04 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Poirot, the most important point has been made there was the fact that dole bludgers don't have to work because they are too well provided for, yet, you missed it.

You are so focussed on minor issues that it's almost as if you look for reasons to divert a thread of this much importance.

As for my academic skills, if I had chosen to be a doctor/lawyer/accountant or similar, there is little doubt I would have struggled, however, given when I attended school they actually TOUGHT YOU SOMETHING and, THEY MADE decisions on your behalf which saw me take a path that minimized my chances of failure, eg, a career path that suited my academic skills. They called them guidance councillors but i'm assuming the PC brigade has decided this is discriminating towards people of my, or lesser abilities.

Has been, simply removing the cash from welfare (seniors pensions exempt) would go a long long way towards addressing the issue you raise, however, those being provided for also get to vote so no government dare go there for fear of loosing votes.

Tony Abbott was the only PM for years who had the balls to do just that, but he got crucified for it.

The slide continues.
Posted by rehctub, Saturday, 23 April 2016 6:03:16 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
rehctub,

"Poirot, the most important point has been made there was the fact that dole bludgers don't have to work because they are too well provided for, yet, you missed it.

You are so focussed on minor issues that it's almost as if you look for reasons to divert a thread of this much importance."

Yes, sorry I diverted it...it was your focus on "appearances" that made me think.

You don't seem to give much of a stuff as to how your posts appear, so I commented on that.

That's all I have to say - so the floor is now yours.
Posted by Poirot, Saturday, 23 April 2016 8:54:31 AM
Pretty soon there won't be any young job seekers. Under the ChAFTA the Chinese will just displace the local young job seekers with its own workers brought in from China.

The local young job seekers will become the new unemployables of the Sino-Australian landscape. Maybe these young permanently unemployable Australian job seekers can migrate to China and get jobs as wage slaves in a ping pong factory in Shanghai or stamping Happy Xmas onto expired Year of the Dog festivity cards.

Don't you just love the fact that Australia's politicians and business leaders have sold you out to China for a bagful of free fake $40K Rolexes.
Posted by Mr Opinion, Saturday, 23 April 2016 9:12:18 AM
A good dictator might be better than a succession of bad governments.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Saturday, 23 April 2016 10:10:16 AM
Dear Armchair Critic,

If the Chinese see that comment of yours they'll take it as an open invitation to invade.
Posted by Mr Opinion, Saturday, 23 April 2016 10:19:32 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy