The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Pauline is back.

Pauline is back.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. All
Foxy,
No genuine Australian would disparage Australia by claiming 'facts' of racism with incorrect and unfounded items. So yes you are diametrically the opposite to what the essence of being Australian is.

No Australian would misrepresent his country that way.

Remember, you said, "People who are in denial about racism in this country are simply ignorant. Lets look at the facts - we imprison
brown asylum seekers, we once celebrated our national day
with a white racist riot. There were assaults on Indian
students, a little political organisation called
One Nation, and of course "the intervention" - the heraldic
beak on our long hawkish treatment of Indigenous Australians".
Foxy, OLO Friday 18-4-2014 12.18.35

Pity you do not have enough character to admit you stated that, and that it is wrong, and you were wrong to make such utterances.

I remind you again that the above does not quote anyone else, they are your words, in your name, and you have plenty of opportunity to withdraw and apologize. You did not fact check!
Posted by Banjo, Thursday, 10 March 2016 8:01:55 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Banjo,

I told you in 2014, and I shall repeat it now -
"Try working through this discussion from page 1
onwards - many links have been provided for you from
a wide variety of sources on the subject by
both myself, SteeleRedux, and others on examples of
racism in this country. It is also identified in
research.

Scanlon Foundation the National data from the
Challenging Racism Project was released in 2011 and
gave us information about the problem of racism and
attitudes about racism.

If this does not satisfy you, you can always Google
the subject for yourself on the web. There's nothing more
that I can do for you. However I suspect that no
matter what's presented you will continue to reject the
evidence as you've done thus far.

Do you know what we call opinion that rejects evidence.
We call it prejudice.

Prejudice is a great time saver . You can have opinions
without having to get the facts.

I won't be responding to your attacks any further.
Posted by Foxy, Friday, 11 March 2016 9:42:28 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Foxy,
Well the evidence is there. Your words, in your name. Or, you used somebody elses words because you liked them and without acknowledgement.

I do not care that you wont reply further, as I said the evidence is there for all to see. I will remind you when I see the need.

You have made your bed, you lie in it.
Posted by Banjo, Friday, 11 March 2016 10:00:54 AM
Suse,

Let's get at least one thing straight. I was, and am, no friend of Abbott's. I thought he was too weak, and told him so several times in writing. I have to commend him, however, on the fact that he ALWAYS responded to me, unlike his assassin who is a low-life Leftist, more to your liking. I accept that you are a hard-core contrarian and pain in the posterior, but at least try to abuse people for what they are, and not what you think they are. You are like a cow in a China shop. Not my non-sexist restraint in not calling you a bull in a china shop.
Posted by ttbn, Friday, 11 March 2016 11:19:02 AM
ttbn, you wrote to the PM? Stalking?
I'm not surprised, and nor am I surprised he responded.
Two like-minded people with their heads stuck in the past.

Pauline has been gone a long time now old boy, isn't it time to move on yourself....
Posted by Suseonline, Saturday, 12 March 2016 7:11:31 PM
I'd probably swap several Gillards for a single Hanson....
Maybe Hanson was politically foolish and a little too outspoken for her own good but I think she generally meant well for the people in this country.

The establishment made sure she never got her foot in the door, maybe this is or isn't a bad thing depending on which way you look at it, but shes still an Australian and she did have the courage to try to stand up to the bigwig politicians for what she believed in and I'll always give her credit for that.

If you cant respect her for that well I question how 'aussie' any of you guys really are..
But maybe my idea of 'aussie' is different to yours..

And yeah sure 'please explain' was funny as and we all got a joke out of it back in the last millenium, and all the other funny stuff back when things weren't so PC.

Pauline has a place in Aussie history...
Whether famous or infamous, doesn't really matter.
She embraced the "Have a go" attitute.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Sunday, 13 March 2016 10:43:57 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy