The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Perspective on bullying

Perspective on bullying

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 10
  9. 11
  10. 12
  11. All
There have aways been, and there always will be, bullies and victims. Bullies are nasty people with their own problems. Victims are people who have 'victim' written all over them for the bullies to see. Most of us are neither bullies or victims, and we have no obligation to bother ourselves with either of these poor, inept apologies for human beings.
Posted by ttbn, Monday, 29 February 2016 9:17:05 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
What a charming thread....

ttbn,

"...Most of us are neither bullies or victims, and we have no obligation to bother ourselves with either of these poor, inept apologies for human beings."

This is the person who informed me that his username "ttbn" stood for "try to be nice".

Here's what he posted to Suse in another thread:

"Suse,

I doubt very much that you read anything at all. If you did, you wouldn't be as ignorant as you are, making hit and run statements without having a clue what you are on about. You are flippant and shallow."

From the evidence of his post above and his usual style on this forum it's more like "ttbn" stands for "try to be nasty".

.....rehctub,

"Phanto, society as a whole is suffering badly from 'limp wrist syndrome' in my view as what is needed in many cases is a good old dose of harden the - up...."

That's a bit of alaugh coming from OLO's biggest whinger.

"....This will however be closely watched as if successful, may open a huge can of worms with kids, backed by cash strapped parents, suing government and even private schools as a hobby."

Lol!...That's rich coming from the guy who's a bit vexed at the suggestion that his negative gearing tax break loll-about may be nipped in the bud. Nary a day goes by that he's not shrieking from the roof tops about some govt mechanism that is diddling him of some such largesse.

Mr Gerrit H Schorel-Hlavka,

"...I never realised it was bullying when my mate and I were pursued by a huge amount of fellow students . It was just part of school life that some get picked on and others not. It didn't harm me rather it ended up creating me as a person I am."

Then goes onto say:

".... When I was in management in the 1970's I immediately banned anyone to use inappropriate words, call a person by a nick name, etc. This because I knew how it can affect person...."
Posted by Poirot, Monday, 29 February 2016 10:09:57 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
What angers me most about this is the emotional manipulation, the dishonesty and the discrimination.

The kid was called useless and a pig. What has this got to do with being bullied because of his sexuality? He was called a faggot. Lots of heterosexual kids get called a faggot so how do we know that he is being bullied because of his sexuality? He was attacked by a kid wielding a skateboard. This is violence and should be dealt with as a violent act. It is irrelevant what you sexuality is if you are a victim of violence and to bring it up at all can only be a ploy to try and elicit sympathy for unrelated verbal issues which he does not like.

He says he tried to commit suicide because he is being bullied. There could be dozens of reasons why he tried to commit suicide. It is dishonest to suggest something as true when you have no idea whether it is true or not. What does a fifteen year old know about the complexities of motivation behind suicide? He could be very disturbed and depressed for a whole combination of reasons none of which might have to do with his sexuality. Kids who have no issues with sexuality also kill themselves.

Where is the outrage for kids who are bullied but do not have issues with their sexuality? Why is there no support for fat kids who get bullied to the same extent as this kid? Why don’t the media rush to defend their rights or even declare this issue no more important than anyone else’s? All this does is create a kind of elitism for kids with sexuality issues. If we care about bullying of kids in schools then we should care about all kids who are bullied.

The whole point of the anti-bullying program is to declare that everyone is equal but it seems kids with sexual issues are more equal.
Posted by phanto, Monday, 29 February 2016 10:14:29 AM
the irony these days is just like the anti racist are the biggest racist, the peace protestors the most violent, so are the anti bullyist the biggest bullies. Just listen to the bigots on the abc who interview anyone they disagree with. They make Trump look mild with their sniggering and self righteous demeanour.
Posted by runner, Monday, 29 February 2016 10:24:01 AM
phanto,

".... If we care about bullying of kids in schools then we should care about all kids who are bullied."

Yes...

So why then are you isolating and discriminating against this young person and his stated issues with your diatribe on this thread?
Posted by Poirot, Monday, 29 February 2016 10:30:34 AM
Hi Poirot, looks like you and I and a couple of others against the usual suspects once more.

Butch, I was waiting for the call "Put them Nancy Boys in the ARMY!...toughen em' up."

phanto, just as I suspected, its not the bulling, its your homophobia.
<< it seems kids with sexual issues are more equal.>>

Person with long name "A bash around the head with a baseball bat never did you any harm. Normal school life was << when my mate and I were pursued by a huge amount of fellow students . It was just part of school life>> What, did they catch you and your mate in a toilet cubical together? Did you go to school with the usual suspects from this forum, phanto led the charge.
<< Yesterday I happen to incur a 10 centimetre wound on my arm that female staff member at the shop nearly fainted>> was it self inflicted to show that weak female how tough you are? Or do you work in the 'Shop Of Horrors'

Runner, Christ was a wozzy, if he was at school today the Roman bullies would be belting him up, he would be turning the other cheek...the wozzy!
Posted by Paul1405, Monday, 29 February 2016 11:02:06 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 10
  9. 11
  10. 12
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy