The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Donald Trump and the revolt of the politically incorrect

Donald Trump and the revolt of the politically incorrect

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All
During Xmas I remember my friend saying "how come that idiot Trump hasn't be thrown out yet?" After further discussion we concluded that he must be saying what 40% of delegates wanted to hear, probably because many hated the way the politicians were pussy footing around the issues.

An opinion piece in the australian reflects my opinion on the issue.

"On December 7, Donald Trump issued his call for a ban on Muslim immigration into the U.S.— “until our country’s representatives can figure out what is going on.” It’s hard to recall a statement by a public figure that was met, instantly, with almost universal condemnation, including from most of the Republican presidential candidates.

Between that day and the end of 2015, Donald Trump’s support in the national opinion polls went up to nearly 37 per cent, a substantial number by any measure. Welcome to the revolt of the politically incorrect.

Forget the controversy over Donald Trump’s Muslim ban. This unique political campaign is about more than that. Donald Trump and indeed Ben Carson popped the valves on pressure that’s been building in the U.S., piece by politically correct piece, for 25 years. Since at least the early 1990s, a lot of the public has been intimidated into keeping its mouth shut and head down about subjects in the political and social life of the country that the elites stipulated as beyond discussion or dispute. "
Posted by Shadow Minister, Friday, 8 January 2016 5:10:50 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Is Trump your political hero then Shadow Minister?
You think because he whips up a bit of terrorist fear in the hearts of some vulnerable, ignorant Americans, that we should perhaps use him as a model for our politicians?

Here's the thing Shadow Minister, long before Trump made his ignorant anti-Muslim declaration, most intelligent people saw him for what he really is...a rich, bigoted, racist, mysogynistic buffoon.
He would never have got as far as he has in American politics without his money.
Posted by Suseonline, Sunday, 10 January 2016 12:38:03 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Yes, Americans need their new Archie Bunker - not for his actual views, but for the guts to express them in opposition to the politically-correct tyranny.

People feel what they feel and suppressing them from telling the truth about it is not the answer.

I'm pretty sure that in real life, if Donald comes to power he will not fulfil any of these rhetoric promises, nor would his supporters expect him to.
Posted by Yuyutsu, Sunday, 10 January 2016 3:51:09 AM
I'm sure that if the US survived George W. Bush,
they'll survive Donald Trump. Although realistically
I would be very surprised if Trump won the election.
We'll have to wait and see. Still, they did vote
for Ronald Reagan, for Arnold (the terminator),
and perhaps they will vote for Trump?
Only in America.
Posted by Foxy, Sunday, 10 January 2016 8:50:16 AM
US politics resembles a 3 ring circus to me, so a lack of interest means I will not comment on Trump or Obana or Clinton.

However, as for Australia his comment about banning further muslim immigration is spot on. We need to ban muslim intake of refugees and migrants so as to prevent a situation like Britain and Europe now have.

Crime and anti-social conduct by muslims has been rampart there for years and has been ignored by our politicians. Maybe this latest outrage of sex assaults by muslims will alert some of our brain dead polys. It must be noted that the outrageous conduct was carried out by the so called 'moderates', the ones supposedly fleeing Syria from the ISIS. Such conduct is not good enough for my Australia, by any measure and is perfectly obvious why muslims cannot fit into our society.
Posted by Banjo, Sunday, 10 January 2016 9:26:13 AM
Suze,

For the illiterate, I at no point condoned anything that Trump said. I personally think that he is a boor. However, while I don't believe that he has any chance of winning an election even if he wins the Republican nomination, I am interested in the public reaction to his directness after years of sanitized public debate regulated by the thought police of the left.

Comedian after comedian etc have pulled the piss out of the PC debacle, but still we are getting top level universities all but banning any debate on topics that might offend someone somewhere, and creating "safe places" for the handful of delicate young men and women that want to believe that they live in Nirvana.

It is time for these pansies to realize that there is no such thing as the right not to be offended.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Sunday, 10 January 2016 10:20:44 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy