The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Mike Baird's vision for Sydney: A monster holiday resort for Chinese

Mike Baird's vision for Sydney: A monster holiday resort for Chinese

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All
Dear Suseonline,

For you to say 'unless all those Chinese tourists can find only Chinese-owned shops, accommodation and tourist spots in Sydney, then how on earth will they not spend money for the Australian economy's good?' indicates to me that you are from outside of Sydney.

At present, Chinese general businesses like shops, franchises, etc practically dominate Sydney and the Chinese have being buying up almost every new apartment complex for the past ten years as investment properties. Believe me when I say that Chinese business will absolutely dominate the Chinese-related tourist side of Baird's holiday resort and all the profits will be channeled back to China. If you ever visit Sydney you will notice that a lot of Chinese operated small businesses a trading on a cash only basis, employing only Chinese workers, and I've heard a rumour that their workers are being paid cash in hand. In other words, no benefits will trickle down into the Australian community.
Posted by Mr Opinion, Saturday, 19 December 2015 2:57:09 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Mr. Opinion, I am not from Sydney, but I would imagine that if there are all these Chinese people and businesses taking over Sydney, I might have heard about it?

Even if these people are paid cash, they still have to eat and live in Australia, so that money is even partly spent here of course.

In any case, most of the posters on this site think we are being over-run by Muslim people who are hell-bent on being terrorists.
So Chinese people mightn't be so bad....
Posted by Suseonline, Saturday, 19 December 2015 6:29:58 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Suseonline,

Don't wait to hear about it. You should visit Sydney and have a look for yourself. You will be absolutely amazed at how many Chinese are in Sydney. In the CBD itself the ratio is about 2 in every 3 people who are Chinese. And there are a handful of very large suburbs where the count could be as high as 9 in 10.

Believe me, you really need to see it. When the Chinese move into an area everyone else sells up and heads for the bush. I reckon when Baird's Chinese holiday resort is up and running at full speed the ratio will be about 4 in 5 people in Sydney will be Chinese.
Posted by Mr Opinion, Sunday, 20 December 2015 5:51:17 AM
Mr Opinion,

Can you actually tell by looking whether someone is Chinese rather than Japanese, Korean, Vietnamese, Lao, Cambodian, Thai, Malaysian or Indonesian? Or even just Australian with oriental ancestry?
Posted by Aidan, Sunday, 20 December 2015 12:23:12 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Indonesia is a chain of islands off the Chinese Spratley territory and Australia is within the 500km Mineral Exploration Zone of People's Chinese Indonesia. The RAAF is warned not to fly over the sensitive Pilbara iron-import asset of Peaceful People's Peking Property.
Posted by nicknamenick, Sunday, 20 December 2015 12:32:44 PM
Mr Opinion.

Firstly during the Dudd and Dillard reign they let in over 50,000 so called refugees in a 5 year period more of them contributed to raising the crime rate and did Millions of dollars damage to infrastructure, than Chinese visitors have done over the whole of the time they have been visiting Australia as tourists or buying these high priced houses you claim they are buying.

People you claim move out of areas that Chinese live in, not all do but they I would bet feel safer than the people who live in or around the areas where a lot of the middle eastern gangs and criminals live.

Media in Australia can't go more than a few days without reporting crimes committed by the middle eastern immigrants, shootings stabbings and gang rapes. This is also an escalating statistic coming from African refugees who are only recent arrivals.
Now you are good if you can find more than one or two crimes committed by Chinese in Australia per month. (these nationalities are a danger to Australians not Chinese)

Seems to me you have an ulterior motive by you post or you have a grudge against Chinese people, maybe if you say what you problem with them is it might help others understand.
Posted by Philip S, Sunday, 20 December 2015 12:50:50 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy