The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Can you help me solve family racism?

Can you help me solve family racism?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All
I worked with many Indians during seven years cooking in commercial kitchens, I didn't find them demanding or observe any negligence regarding hygene, if anything they were overly fussy about it. However....
They are lazy, they work to rule all of the time, they're the first out the door at the end of the service and they become sullen when asked to pitch in and help with something which isn't really their job.
Example, I was working in the patisserie section with the Indian pastry chef for a couple of months, one day both dishwashers didn't turn up so the head chef put us on dishes until the dessert orders started to come in. Jagdish, the pastry chef wouldn't speak to anyone for the rest of the service and called in sick for a week, a few weeks later he cut his finger and took two weeks off, he got the sack and I got his job.
Posted by Jay Of Melbourne, Monday, 14 December 2015 7:27:13 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Speaking of racists....

Bazz and Hasbeen would fit in well with those relatives you speak of NathonJ.

Jay of Melbourne, surely you have met lazy people of all walks of life in your job?
Would that pastry chef be lazy because he is Indian, or just because he has a poor work ethic like many others?

If another Caucasian chef was deemed useless, slow or lazy in the kitchen, would everyone then say "Ah well now, that Caucasian guy is just like the rest of them".?
If not, why not?
Posted by Suseonline, Monday, 14 December 2015 8:26:38 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Suzie, you really do have a nasty streak.
Posted by Bazz, Monday, 14 December 2015 9:21:09 PM
Ah! Hasbeen sahib,

You should be mixing with the Catholic and other Christians of the sub-Continent.
They are the Indian peoples who are using the toilet paper, or the corn husks depending upon their social standing monetary wise.
In the India of the south there are being the clean toilets and the Konkan Railway is of note for the high cleanliness of the public facilities at the stations of which it is the provider.

Deli bellie is indeed a scourge, but can be avoided by the very Christian and other upper class peoples habit of boiling the drink water always, and never eating the citrus fruits or water melons except from the vendor of excellent character who is guaranteeing that the fruits of his retailing are not pumpted to freshness by the injection of water under pressure.

For much more on the toilets of India see http://www.sulabhtoiletmuseum.org/

The Sulabh organization are providing the clean toilets and the showering to wash facilities in many parts of India and they are of a standard international.
Posted by Is Mise, Monday, 14 December 2015 9:24:26 PM
It should be added that food cooked by the roadside stall holder is hygenic always and one may watch the cooking thereof.

Restaurants are another matter and sadly India does not possess the excellent organizations of Government that are available in the Cities of Australia for the catching of the unhygenic.

"The operators of one of Melbourne's best-known Chinese restaurants, the Red Emperor in Southbank, have pleaded guilty to multiple charges after it was found last year infested with cockroaches, mouse droppings and fruit flies.
The state of the fine dining venue with a 20-year reputation for hosting international guests and conferences was so bad that owner Lihua Gao voluntarily shut its doors the day before City of Melbourne health inspectors ordered it closed because it posed an immediate risk to the public"

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/cockroachinfested-red-emperor-pleads-guilty-to-food-violations-fines-total-15000-20150129-13165c.html#ixzz3uIJZ1AO
Posted by Is Mise, Monday, 14 December 2015 9:41:16 PM
Thanks for that info Is Mise, but I doubt Hasbeen and Bazz would let the truth get in the way of a good racist rant.
Ignorance is obviously bliss for them.
Posted by Suseonline, Monday, 14 December 2015 10:55:35 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy