The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Are we running out of ideas?

Are we running out of ideas?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. All
I am finding a lot of the discussion topics on this site, are starting to become repetitive, old or relating to what some may consider 'out of date'. Some people don't even respond in relation to a topic.

I was speaking to one person (a speaker), at a festival of ideas (a number of years ago) saying how it is becoming difficult to get detail, new ideas off the ground, information and creativity in what I called a 'drying climate' - (particularly in regards to the internet) and the wider community was suffering as a result.

I also said how elite classes were 'pushing' people aside, for their own benefit or commercial links, were leaving many people alone.

How can we encourage more creativity and connection, getting people out of this 'lack of ideas' based society?
Posted by NathanJ, Wednesday, 25 November 2015 3:30:36 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Nathan, I believe as a percentage the number of participants have not varied. If you believe my synopsis the vast majority do not have a thought in their collective brains that does not directly relate to their immediate comfort, wellbeing,or short term outcomes.........most sheeple just do not care. The dumbing down of the school system and the advent of social media instill a shallow focused interest base.

But as I said at the start, I believe the majority have always been sheeple.
Posted by sonofgloin, Saturday, 28 November 2015 11:57:01 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Speak for yourselves.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Sunday, 29 November 2015 6:00:09 PM
NathanJ, one way to encourage creativity and connection are hacking, start-up and "bar-camp" events. At these a group of people get together to do something. This weekend I have been judging Hacking for Humanity in Sydney, where teams had 48 hours to produce some socially worthwhile computer application. There are many such events around the world every week (if not, then set one up): http://blog.tomw.net.au/2015/11/random-hacks-of-kindness-sydney-summer.html
Posted by tomw, Monday, 30 November 2015 10:37:55 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I would say not all new ideas are allowed to be posted on this forum. I posted ideas that selective media movies have ideas within the stories. Because of the 350 word limited on a first post and a number of complex examples. Proposed reading was rejected.

I Started a reading on why no man has walked on the moon. Even though people want to believe a man has walked on the moon. Technical arguments form a bases of understanding gravity; orbiting the moon speeds; rockets engines in no atmosphere, etc. readers may begin to doubt whether anyone has walked on the moon. It was rejected due to the a belief that the website forum would be judged ridiculous.

Yet, I also question the ease that some topics are allowed to be first posted.

People are generally criticising some person for getting something wrong for what they believe they know a lot about. Understanding what they believe to be true to be wrong, is difficult to achieve. Most people don't want to rethink something to be a possible grey probable idea. Most people are talkers not listeners.

Partly blaming the media for headline statements based on already understood rolled over easy information, limits the amount of known knowledge.

I could also accuse education and media for not only limiting information, as to also allow information worth while knowing to be made complex babble, discouraging future attentive desires of listening to and reading. Much easier to understand what feels correct.

As a joke: when considering the truth of media information, "the force is much stronger on the bark side" of reality media.
Posted by steve101, Tuesday, 1 December 2015 2:52:04 PM
'I am finding a lot of the discussion topics on this site, are starting to become repetitive'

Never.

:-)

Which makes me wonder why I have been posting the odd response, after leaving a year or two ago.

I suppose some habits are hard to break.

If it's any consolation, I do feel dirty.
Posted by Houellebecq, Tuesday, 1 December 2015 3:20:34 PM
I submitted as a New General discussion: “Why So Much Climate Change Media Fears?” my new topic discussion was rejected having been that there were many posted climate change sceptics, that having new discussion posts was not going to be allowed.

I posted what I intended here on the following post.
Posted by steve101, Saturday, 5 December 2015 10:19:48 AM
Carbon based humans blamed for increasing CO2 atmosphere levels are also a long term reducer of CO2. Humans growing food: consuming CO2 base foods; breathing out small amounts of CO2; most CO2 passes through bodies into sewage waste disposal systems into oceans, feeding sea water plant life. Sea water plant life becoming food for marine life food chain humans often eat. Carbon base meat products consumed by humans often follows the same path into oceans. Oceans cover 65% of earth's surface, in some places oceans are 2 miles deep. The volume of water soaking up heavier than most atmosphere gases CO2. CO2 gas frozen to solid ice is coloured white and invisible when seen as a concentrated gas. CO2 maybe no more than another media Apocalypse story, grabbing attentions of easily distracted humans looking for moral crusades.
Trees consuming CO2 are somewhat temporary, as trees can be burnt, returning CO2 back into the atmosphere.

Recently a hint of 1990s global warming fears was changed to climate change. No real evidence that earth was or is actually warming... with words 'climate change', any periods of extreme hot or cold recorded weather could be assumed as evidence of climate change.
November 1, 2015. Bolt Report on global warming, guest stated, “haven't had any warming in 18 years and 8 months” global warming was described as a scam. Earth is getting greener due to a small increase in carbon-dioxide.

Politicians maybe using myths of more important Global Warming concern conferences to avoid doing many other things lobbying groups are asking an audience with government ministers, ministers maybe heard to be passing decisions onto prime ministers who are avoiding decisions by occupying their time with more serious Global Warming conferences.
Governments’ using budget deficit concerns as reasons for no funding action; Bureaucratic red tape processing; changing governments and or leaders; introducing carbon taxes, removing carbon taxes. Citizens using schooling classroom judgements may find themselves believing alternative government busyness is real.

I could not find a Youtube website on The Bolt Report for November 1, 2015.
An earlier Youtube viewing could be provided.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J10SWVK_mDM
Posted by steve101, Saturday, 5 December 2015 10:30:36 AM
Even though I find merely inventing Climate Change conferences as an excuse to slow down concerned democratic government decision making, anyone sympathetic to Climate Change may believe excuses.

If you're familiar with dvr/pvr shift functions. When watching 7PM ABC news, I avoid most of the early “serious” news stories: murders of people I don't know; climate change, G20 conferences; political scandals. New more interesting information: teachers blamed for poor schooling; over the top medical research; increasing Ice usage in communities; space probes impossible radio communication pictures over billions of kilometres... such stories seen minutes preceding doom and gloom finance news. Sports are switched off.

I tend to believe, strongly supporting ideas that schooling education punished child curiosity, a majority of news stories punishes intelligent people's further curiosity by presenting rolled over limited ideas information to be not bothered to be thought about. Headlines followed by short stories robs listeners of an ability to think about what they're hearing. Fear stories grabs listeners attention as fight or flight instinct alertness kicks in. Climate Change stories I assume psychologically desensitises many people from taking any notice of other concerning fears. One more programmed in conditioned behaviour, repression, repressing/ignoring any ideas that causes human fear to be felt.

Children that forced themselves to somehow enjoy schooling, as adults, may remember news story names and dates as they did while attending school.

One of my gripes with school was that curriculum subjects never moved onto new learning. Years of listening to the same rolled over limited ideas subjects. Any information that prompted reasons for events were lacking. Media's many entertainment murder stories after murder stories are to me a similar idea of same old same old rolled over personalised information.
Posted by steve101, Saturday, 5 December 2015 10:32:47 AM
An idea that Serious News Stories are annoying to many people, to be avoided by many people, suggests ideas that media are intentionally repeating same old serious news headlined stories, similar to, as to allow people to avoid commercial television's same old repetitive commercial advertisements uninteresting products.

Climate Change conferences are one more limited ideas distraction from increasing listeners intelligence awareness self-programming.
People become so conditioned not having to think about what media are presenting, people have forgotten childhood self-challenging to understand/analyse what's going on around them. A rewarding stimuli to understand everything, is for most people being avoided as understanding something complex becomes fear that must be instantly avoided.
The need to correctly understand is replaced with any quick judgement that comes to conscious awareness, having felt good, having no need to think, instantly believed as a true assumption judgement.

Family violence behaviours using above reasoning can be partly caused by above mentioned conditioning.

ABC television 7.30 Report stories on people induced into finance advisers' investment products, financial advisers using assurances of high returns, recommending borrowing money to further increase earnings. Such stories are the few interesting pieces captured on dvr stories. Yet, the people who may need to appreciate such stories are often watching other television channels competitive cooking and renovating programs. Schools killing child curiosity in favour of school learnt competitive anticipation “who gets to win” enjoyments.
Posted by steve101, Saturday, 5 December 2015 10:37:29 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy