The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Getting a Seniors' party into the Senate

Getting a Seniors' party into the Senate

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 11
  9. 12
  10. 13
  11. All
I looked at this web-site and was disappointed to see that the Mature Age Party are law-freaks and nationalists who want to force everyone who lives in Australia to assimilate.

No thanks!

While they (like the others) speak of "rights", I found no reference to the right to ride a bicycle. Should they have such a policy to re-allow people to ride a bicycle dressed as they wish, then I will still rank them in the next federal elections ahead of all other parties who don't have that policy.
Posted by Yuyutsu, Monday, 2 November 2015 12:26:07 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Yuyutsu

You can take nationalism out of the equation. Australia cannot claim to be a nation anymore. To be a nation a country needs to have a common language, a common history, and a common culture. Those days a long gone. Good bye Anglo-Australia, welcome Sino-Australia.

A Seniors' party in federal politics should be about one thing: making life better for people aged 55 and above. Any senior who doesn't want that should be certified insane (and probably is for that matter).
Posted by Mr Opinion, Monday, 2 November 2015 12:39:27 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
We need more political parties like we need a hole in the head. I'm senior and part pensioner, and like hasbeen, I think many pensioners want to live better than they did when they worked, the whingers. If the major parties cannot work for everybody, as they used to, then putting more snouts in the trough isn't going to help anyone. There are enough problems caused now by the Greens, Xenophon, the other one-man odds and sods.
Posted by ttbn, Monday, 2 November 2015 1:42:07 PM
Dear Mr. Opinion,

<<A Seniors' party in federal politics should be about one thing: making life better for people aged 55 and above.>>

Perhaps, but I read their agenda and this is not the case.

Apart from that, I wonder how "mature" and "experienced" they are: feeling guilty for taking other people's money is not a recipe for a better, happier and peaceful life.

<<You can take nationalism out of the equation.>>

If what you foresee is correct, then one must remember that a wounded beast is even more ferocious.

<<Australia cannot claim to be a nation anymore.>>

But politicians do, that's the nature of propaganda... and why did you add "anymore"?

<<To be a nation a country needs to have a common language, a common history, and a common culture.>>

Go tell them then... I don't like nations anyway and wish them all gone, but least of all I like to be swallowed and counted within the Chinese "nation" - better by a shark at sea!
Posted by Yuyutsu, Monday, 2 November 2015 2:04:02 PM
Hi there MR OPINION...

Your remarks about Australia now being 'Sino-Australia' is pretty close to the mark I reckon. After all if it wasn't for the massive injection of Chinese capital I don't think we could even service our debts let alone provide for the existing social security structure.

I'm positively amazed as well as being profoundly saddened, at how our country has dramatically changed in the last half century, from a proud, economically resilient nation to one dependent on borrowings just to meet our interest payments. And where the true Australian character and identity is fast disappearing never again to be seen I believe.
Posted by o sung wu, Monday, 2 November 2015 5:15:45 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi o sung wu,

It's good to see that there are other people on the forum who can use their eyes and mind to figure out what is happening in the world instead of holding up pages of downloaded stats and screaming out "I've got the answers!"

The end of Anglo-Australian nation-building was started in the 1980s by PM Bob Hawke. And the implement of its demise was multiculturalism coupled with an immigration system that sought to attract wealthy Chinese to come to the country. Since then Australia has become increasingly dependent on China and now we need an endless supply of wealthy Chinese migrants to keep the economy afloat.

Chinese are becoming the dominant social group in Australia and in the near future the country will embark on a new phase of nation-building under a Sino-Australian banner. The next step will then be a union of Sino-Australia with the ancestral homeland of the Chinese - China. I think it's inevitable.

But let's take advantage of the influx of Chinese money and capital into the country to get a really good deal for seniors. Seniors have sufficient electoral numbers to be able to get things their way by pressuring the government into giving them more. Sounds good to me.
Posted by Mr Opinion, Monday, 2 November 2015 5:58:50 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 11
  9. 12
  10. 13
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy