The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > A dropped pie anyone!

A dropped pie anyone!

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. All
Boy, when one falls out of popularity, they shaw do fall hard. Poor old Bill Shorten is about as popular as Kym Beasly was when he was op leader, which is about as popular as a dropped pie.

Of cause the union can always do with another thug.
Posted by rehctub, Sunday, 18 October 2015 8:28:51 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
It wont last.
It wont take long for people to wake up to turnbull. He waffles on about nothing worse than Rudd did. He is going to be relentlessly undermined by rabbott and the rest of the lieberal tea party.
He is still supporting all the things the Australian public has rejected. He has most of the same cabinet that has ballsed it up so badly for the last two years. Witness homer dutton and his rendition of a rape victim. Same old same old.
Nothing has changed and people will soon realise it and turnbull will be back where rabbott spent most of his PMship.

The lieberals have shown themselves to be so useless and incompetent that even smooth operator malcolm wont save them. They will keep screwing up just like they have for the last two years. Thats all they are any good at. Sadly it is all of us paying the price now and for years to come.

Now that the polls have turned I wonder if big mal is going to prove himself a liar (suprise suprise) and call an election after saying, as the answer to the very first question put to him as PM, "oh no we will be going full term. There will be no early election."
Anyone want to lay me odds on that?
Posted by mikk, Sunday, 18 October 2015 10:36:09 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Mikk, there is little doubt we have an unworkable senate at present so I woukd suggest he Wil go to the polls via a DD as soon as a trigger presents itself so we can throw the baby out with the bath water and start again.

His first order should be to change the way the senators can find themselves elected as many, like the 'roo poo chucka' must think, oh sh1t, ive been elected, now what!
Posted by rehctub, Monday, 19 October 2015 1:44:50 PM
I think that the Senate is working very well, it's not meant to be a rubber stamp for those that control the Reps.
Posted by Is Mise, Monday, 19 October 2015 1:50:25 PM
The entire premise of this thread is wrong. Bill Shorten was never popular in the first place. His approval ratings were always low... except in comparison to Tony Abbott.

The Senate is working very well, but for the last two years the House of Representatives hasn't been.
Posted by Aidan, Monday, 19 October 2015 3:06:44 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
A DD trigger is there but Abbott would not take it. The senate is never stacked in anybody’s favor. Good policy will go through anytime.

You can elect a new senate next year and it will take months for change over. I think march is the earliest. If Turnbull comes up with good policy, and the voters like it. Or he can muff it and risk his leadership. The electorate will decide. Turnbull hasn’t done anything yet to be judged on. I think you will see some changes in the coalition ranks.

Labor is Labor voters driving Turnbulls short term popularity, That can all change by one stupid decision, Turnbull will be careful not like the Abbott and Hockey show
Posted by doog, Monday, 19 October 2015 3:18:07 PM
Ok Doog, so let's talk about good policy.

One good policy was to extend the working age before pension entitlement. That didn't pass.

Another good policy was the Medicare co payment, especially if the ailment being treated was self inflicted, that didn't go through.

Another was to try and at least wind back Labors debt, that didn't pass.

So sorry Doog, but I have to disagree with you.

As for Abbott having a DD, he's gone and I must admit I'm not sure if the new leader can go over old ground but with numbers like turnbul has, watch out because my tip is he won't waste a chance of tossing the senate out if presented with one.
Posted by rehctub, Thursday, 22 October 2015 7:23:07 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy