The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Will Australia be

Will Australia be

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All
An article titled "Traffic chaos on 50 lane China highway" says that a 50 lane Beijing-Hong Kong-Macau Expressway became a car park as residents tried to travel back towards the Chinese capital after a public holiday - and was believed to have been caused by a newly installed checkpoint which forces the 50 lanes to merge down to 20. The images in the article are shocking.

http://www.skynews.com.au/culture/offbeat/2015/10/09/traffic-chaos-on-50-lane-china-highway.html?cid=BP_ARTICLE_1_SKY_TRAFFIC_091015

The ABS collects figures on population for Australia. Visit:

http://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats/abs@.nsf/Web+Pages/Population+Clock?opendocument

So when will the Australian Government realise that increasing the Australian population through excessive immigration (including natural birth rates we have already) will only make these types of situations (like in China) worse in Australia?
Posted by NathanJ, Friday, 9 October 2015 4:04:41 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Nathan,

Why would an Australian government ever care about these types of situations?
It is of course a worry for you and me (or at least it could have been my worry had I been younger) - but not for them!

Be sure they have their special VIP lanes, or they go by helicopter anyway!
Posted by Yuyutsu, Friday, 9 October 2015 5:46:26 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I'd like to know what the real story here is. The report gave the rather silly impression that it's a 50 lane expressway, but in reality most of it's 3+3 or 4+4 lanes. I think the very wide (in one direction) section was a queue to cross the border, but what they meant when they claimed it was down to 20 lanes is anyone's guess!

Australia doesn't have any international border checks on our roads (AFAIK — I've not been to the Hutt River Province so I can't say if there's an exception there, but if there is it's a very small one). Eventually we may build a road to PNG, but if we do then I can confidently say it won't be a huge freeway!
Posted by Aidan, Saturday, 10 October 2015 1:30:18 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Nathan, the trouble with our immigration is that many of who we take in have little to offer, bring their baggage with them, disrespect our laws and feed off the already struggling public tit.

As for natural birth rates, same applies there as we encourage the out of work, or low productive to breed, while punishing the working mums with the likes of ridiculous child care fees.

As an example, the out of work pregnant mother no doubt gets a free taxi to the hospital, along with free health care and health care benefits, whikenthey the working mum to be must either forgo a days work, or fit her fistic into her days off, get herself there then pay for the treatment, meds etc.

We shaw do have a crazy mixed up way of thinking because the vast majority of baby bonus kids are drop kicks born to previous drop kicks encouraged by a tax payer funded carrot.

This tax the rich to continually support the lazy is dragging our society down big time.

Governments need to afoot a reward for effort approach.
Posted by rehctub, Saturday, 10 October 2015 5:51:21 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy