The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Malcolm Turnbull for Prime Minister, Sooner Rather Than Later

Malcolm Turnbull for Prime Minister, Sooner Rather Than Later

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 21
  9. 22
  10. 23
  11. All
If turdbull becomes leader does that mean I can call him an assassin and death squad member. It was good enough for rabbott to scream it across the table at Shorten in question time.
Posted by mikk, Wednesday, 19 August 2015 5:47:03 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I believe that Sportsbet is offering about the same odds for Plibersek replacing Shorten as for Turnbull replacing Abbott.

So it must also be true to say Plibersek for (Labor) Opposition Leader, sooner than later.

Now, what about that new Greens Leader who is being white-anted by that nasty Watermelon faction? Presumably he will be gone sooner than later too.
Posted by onthebeach, Wednesday, 19 August 2015 5:59:31 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Beach, your first rant could not be further from the truth. "rumour-mongers and purveyors of endless crap." This is not rumor it is based on fact. The fact is a loss in Canning will see the end of Abbott. The Liberals hold the seat by 11.8% with the polls predicting a 10% plus swing. The Liberal vote is evaporating by the day.
For those who don't know it, Robert Menzies founded the Liberal Party as a liberal progressive party, Malcolm Turnbull is actually a true liberal where as Abbott and others are conservatives in the mold of the British Conservative Party.
As for the Greens, Turnbull would impact on our vote as many social progressives who are economic conservatives would again vote Liberal. About 20% of Green voters preference the Liberals over Labor.
Posted by Paul1405, Wednesday, 19 August 2015 6:30:38 PM
ttbn, I think the opposite is the case. Most of the Left want Labor to win the next election, and that would be far easier with Abbott as PM. It's really only those who want someone to depose Shorten ASAP who want Tunbull to challenge Abbott now.

It's only by the standards of the Right that Turnbull's at all to the Left. Any objective measure shows there's very little leftish about him.
Posted by Aidan, Wednesday, 19 August 2015 6:32:04 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
There you are Graham, the perfect poll for you.

Do one on who would vote for collation if lead by Turnbull, & who would not.

You could also ask who would vote Labor if Turnbull were to switch parties, something I could see the slime ball doing if made a good offer.

All these lefties want the bloke, & I don't know a single coalition voter who does want him, or would ever vote for a party he lead. Why the hell don't they adopt him, & get him out of an otherwise decent party.

It must be obvious Labor & the slimeball were made for each other.
Posted by Hasbeen, Wednesday, 19 August 2015 6:56:14 PM
"The first party to change its leader will win the next election"

[Not my words, but I can't remember where I saw them...]
Posted by Pericles, Wednesday, 19 August 2015 11:58:03 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 21
  9. 22
  10. 23
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy