The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Climate change, flooding and compensation

Climate change, flooding and compensation

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All
NathanJ, "However with victims of climate change, like with the NSW extreme flooding - no such compensation comes into play...government policy is linked to the impacts of climate change"

Greens Bob Brown, who volunteered himself as the first president of the 'New World (totalitarian) Order' famously claimed that the coal miners were responsible for the Queensland floods. Later, he wasn't so sure. Brown has taken his golden handshake and jolly nice fully indexed parliamentary super courtesy of the Taxpayers and is playing pirates on the high seas.

Maybe some intrepid reporter with water-wings and a microphone in a plastic bag could find Bob Brown for his revised opinion?

It could be the mice,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdLHLW1YhlA
Posted by onthebeach, Wednesday, 22 April 2015 4:19:33 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Again; Prove it !

Ratepayers may be able to sue councils for damages if the sea rise is
not as predicted.
As far as insurance companies go, fair enough, if their claim figures
show an increase let them change their premiums; that is what they do anyway.
Before anyone makes a claim on government, the IPCC, Tim Flannery or
anyone else they will have to prove that it is not a natural event
and that a particular organisation caused it or could have prevented
the particular even to happen.

I don't like your chances of that !
Posted by Bazz, Wednesday, 22 April 2015 5:00:35 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Poirot, interesting article however based on the graphs attached hardly conclusive. Those graphs are notable for the large fluctuations (relative to the scale of the graph) which seem to occur quite often.

The overall trend in the graphs appears to be an overall rise from around 1905 with the peak being discussed looking like it fits easily within the trend. So dips below the trend, some rises above it all through the period shown.

R0bert
Posted by R0bert, Wednesday, 22 April 2015 7:05:29 PM
The warmist religion have just written a song

I love a sunburnt Country,
A land of sweeping plains,
Of ragged mountain ranges,
Of droughts and flooding rains.
I love her far horizons,
I love her jewel-sea,
Her beauty and her terror -
The wide brown land for me!

What a disgusting religion that tries to cash in on tradegy.
Posted by runner, Wednesday, 22 April 2015 10:24:38 PM
Regardless of whether you believe that a god or humans caused our climate to change, there is absolutely no doubt that our climate is liable to change, just as it has done for a long time.
I feel sorry for the poor people of NSW, and I hope there are no climate change arguments that will over-shadow what really matters.
Posted by Suseonline, Thursday, 23 April 2015 1:41:27 AM
Hi Suse,

Been a little hairy here in Sydney this week with high winds and driving rain, but things have settled down this morning, stars in the sky, and hopefully sunshine later. I think the worse of it has well and truly passed. Unfortunately two women were washed away in their car north near Maitland in the Hunter which has copped the worse of it.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-04-22/fears-for-pair-caught-in-maitland-floods-as-nsw-deluge-continues/6410792
Posted by Paul1405, Thursday, 23 April 2015 5:29:28 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy