The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Racisim is alive and well, but we dare not question it hey!

Racisim is alive and well, but we dare not question it hey!

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All
Get this, one of my work colegues, who has an indigenous partner, has just rented a house on some Aboriginal arrangement and they are paying a piddly $87 per week, with ZERO bond, and no binding lease and they can stay as long as they like.

With rents averaging $300 per week, it just goes to show that the racism card is a one way street.
Posted by rehctub, Saturday, 28 February 2015 9:47:51 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
As you say it is not equitable butch. I personally have no issue with the broader support to aboriginals as a special group in the wider community.

We spend more money on foreign aid than we do on our indigenous, and that money does not go back into our economy. I wont whinge about welfare because I know that 99% of that money goes straight back into our economy within a fortnight.
Posted by sonofgloin, Saturday, 28 February 2015 11:24:51 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
after 200 years, and if we are still treating them differently, that my friend , IS RACISM !
Posted by platypus1900, Saturday, 28 February 2015 4:57:58 PM
If you're not a fan of welfare of this type it's your duty to get every cent of every government allowance you're entitled to lest it end up in the hands of bludgers. Anyone who is still breaking their back working in this day and age is a fool, do the minimum amount you require to get by and let the state provide the rest.
Better yet invest your money in a bottle shop or a fried chicken franchise in a highly welfare dependant suburb, your taxes will flow back into your pocket in no time.
Posted by Jay Of Melbourne, Saturday, 28 February 2015 6:56:04 PM
The politics of envy!
Very ugly flesher.

Would you prefer your workmate was homeless?
Realtors are notorious for racist treatment of indigenous renters.
Hence why they get together and use their aboriginal organisations to help out. I bet you prefer the "blacks" to be living in the river bed or in humpys on the outskirts of country towns? Or maybe you think we should just give them some "blankets" and then they will go away?

Giving disadvantaged people a hand up is not racism.
Do you feel the same about all the whiteys getting public housing assistance. What do you say to all those who receive rental assistance from the government? Overwhelmingly white recipients?

Why single out aboriginals?
Racism thats why.
Almost any koorie would swap places with you flesher. Would you swap with them?
Posted by mikk, Sunday, 1 March 2015 8:37:46 AM
Mikk, ......Would you prefer your workmate was homeless?

No, i would preffer he was treated the same as anyother Austrlian earning a decent income. His partner also receives a pension for being aboriginal.

....Realtors are notorious for racist treatment of indigenous renters.
One could also say that indigenous renters (not all) have a bad reputation for destroying the houses they live in. Fact!

.... I bet you prefer the "blacks" to be living in the river bed or in humpys on the outskirts of country towns? Or maybe you think we should just give them some "blankets" and then they will go away?

No, not at all I just don't see why they, while in a normal functioning relationship should receive such preferential treatment.

.....Giving disadvantaged people a hand up is not racism.
whats the disadvantage about a guy who earns a grand a week, yet, simply because he is with an aboriginal partner, gets a house at a 75% discount, no bond and no commitment what so ever and no end date.

In fact, this is a true case of reverse racism as the other guy who has a white partner, earns the same amount, for the same job, pays full freight rent, a $1600 bond and is fully accountable and knows that being in a mining town, he could be squeezed out in six months.

$87 per week, when your partner earns $1000 per week, just because you're indigenous is a joke. Of cause on top of that she also gets a pension just for being an aboriginal and sadly pisses most of that against the wall.

If aboriginals wish to be treated as every day Australians, surely the hand outs, when not needed, should be cut.
Posted by rehctub, Sunday, 1 March 2015 9:20:43 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy