The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > The Ukrainian crisis

The Ukrainian crisis

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All
What does everybody think about the Ukrainian crisis?

I don’t think that the various sanctions applied by the Americans and the Europeans are going to have much effect. Even worse I can not see any reason why the Russians would stop their aggression and land grab unless firm action is taken to deter them.

The situation smacks to me of appraisement by the Europeans, I suspect the best thing Nato could do, would be to supply the Ukrainians with the necessary weapons, to give the Russians a hard time, and perhaps convince the Russians it is not a good idea to carve off bits of their neighbours.
Posted by warmair, Sunday, 22 February 2015 3:21:50 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Warmair,

President Obama is considering providing weapons to
the Ukraine - keep in mind that Russia has been
supplying weapons and manpower to the Russian
separatists in the Ukraine. The whole conflict could
be solved if Putin put a stop to it. But territory
grabs is nothing new with Russians as history has shown.

I suppose the Ukraine could sacrifice a portion of the
Eastern region to put a stop to the conflict - but
that might open the door for the Russians to grab more.

They've already stolen the Kalingrad region from the Baltic
States, Crimea from Ukraine, they're stealing Eastern Ukraine
at present - and NATO's concerned that they will invade
the Baltic States. Where will it all end?
World Wars have started with less.
Posted by Foxy, Sunday, 22 February 2015 9:51:47 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Warmair without Russian gas, particularly in this very cold winter, Europe freezes. They would be freezing in the dark too, as they have followed this hysterical global warming garbage, & must have Russian gas to keep the lights on.

There is no way they are going to challenge Russia seriously, & the yanks can't go too far either, as they would bring Russian retaliation in shutting off the gas.

This is a pity, as Europe being dark & cold just might bring the Global warming scam to a halt. It would at least kill the renewable energy rubbish stone dead, & perhaps save us from similar stupidity.

So don't expect much more than posturing from Europe or the US, particularly with a dill like Obama in the Whitehouse.

I wonder if this Russian domination of the EU countries will bring them to their senses, & start them fracking their own gas. That would put the greenies back in their place, & slow the UN grab for control of all energy. I'm not holding my breath, but it is a nice thought.
Posted by Hasbeen, Sunday, 22 February 2015 11:14:01 PM
Foxy, regrettably you are a victim of the Main Stream Media which is the propaganda arm of Western Elitists and Governments.

If you look for the truth or closer to what is true than what is in the MSM you may have a different view.

Try doing a search on Victoria Nuland phone call transcripts.

The MSM made a big thing of Russian troops invading the Ukraine, meanwhile that fact was being denied by Ukrainian Generals, MSM just ignored them.

There are lots of inconsistencies coming from MSM and various Governments.

Quote "They've already stolen the Kalingrad region from the Baltic
States, Crimea from Ukraine" Crimea was part of Russia.
Posted by Philip S, Monday, 23 February 2015 8:46:07 AM
Dear Philip S.,

Crimea was part of Russia?

Really?

Just like the Baltic States?

Check your history on what Russia has been
doing for centuries.

And then we can have a discussion.
Posted by Foxy, Monday, 23 February 2015 9:50:56 AM
Dear Foxy,

Kaliningrad was not part of the Baltic states. It was part of East Prussia. Prussia was the stronghold of the German Junkers. However, the population of Prussia consists of Germanised Slavs. The area has gone back and forth between Slavic and Germanic control. To say an area is Slavic or Germanic depends when in history one is looking.

Nietzsche is thought of as a German philosopher. However, the name Nietzsche is a Germanised form of the Slavic Nitsky which was the name of his ancestors.

Karl Deutsch: A Nation ... is a group of persons united by a common error about their ancestry and a common dislike of their neighbors.

National borders are arbitrary. They may mark the bounds of colonial districts. They may mark the disposition of the armies when the peace treaty was signed. An example of that is the dangling bit of the southeast Netherlands when the Treaty of Westphalia was signed in 1648. Kaliningrad became part of the USSR as a result of WW2.

Perhaps someday we may recognise that people are equally human on both sides of a national boundary. Perhaps someday we may either dispense with national boundaries or define them by ecosystems such as the Nile watershed. Rather than fighting over the Nile the people can then consider how the benefits of living in that watershed can be distributed fairly.
Posted by david f, Monday, 23 February 2015 9:53:08 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy