The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Corporate grab goes on

Corporate grab goes on

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All
Todays ABC headlines.........
http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems/200706/s1941306.htm

"CommSec 'keen to spark debate' on Aust Post sale."

It goes on to say that "The Commonwealth Bank's investment and broking arm, CommSec, says there is a solid case for the privatisation of Australia Post."

Looks like corporate plans are in place for another destruction of an Aussie icon which will lead to the same situation we find with all privatisation, huge increases in consumer costs and poorer service due to cost cutting measures from within the organisation involved.
Since the sale of our banks, fees have gone through the roof to the point whereby money made on home loans, unlike the "good old days" now account for only a small part of the banks overall profits.

Because of my rural location, I rarely use a postage stamp and so possibly contribute to the overall downturn in postage sales for Aussie Post, but even so, I'd dearly hate to see our Aussie icon go down the path of privatisation and corporate greed.
Posted by Aime, Monday, 4 June 2007 10:14:08 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I agree with you Aimee if this Government is doing so well and has so much money in hand compared to 11 years ago when they took over the office.Where is the money being used? Not on our roads Road Tax and fines are supposed to do that.Their is no such thing as Medicare for public patients any more,For a public dentist there is a two and half year wait.Disability pensioners are getting taken off the pension and put back in the work force.People who should be on disabilty pensions have to work,And this Government wonders why the suicide rate has gone up?.What happened to asking the public what they want before selling off any more Aussie Assetts? Why is the money needed?Certainly for nothing for the man in the street that is for sure,I do use Australia post a lot.No we do not want Australia Post sold.Is the buyer going to be another American Syndicate?Why were we not asked?
Posted by charlee, Tuesday, 5 June 2007 8:13:05 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I noted with interest today that headlines in a local newspaper stated that Australian Post will not be sold to private enterprise, but I'm skeptical about that. More likely we're simply being 'softened up' and like the GST, the sale of Aussie Post will rear it's ugly head in the not too distant future.

Charlee, I don't think people that should be on a disability pension are being forced to work. It's more a case of being forced to jump through Centrelink's hoops like circus animals. There's no work for such people despite all the PM's lies and you're dead right. No wonder there's so much depression around.
Posted by Aime, Wednesday, 6 June 2007 7:30:10 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy