The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Julia Gillard..... questions, questions and more questions......

Julia Gillard..... questions, questions and more questions......

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. All
Julia Gillard is coming to the Adelaide Writers Week soon. A person I know, I thought would want to question Julia Gillard - they said wouldn't go or ask questions.

I was turned off by that - as Julia Gillard did some horrible things whilst she was Prime Minister - and some seem to forget that. Yet when Tony Abbott was elected we had huge protests on the streets.

I'm now so angry - I'm going to hear and see Julia Gillard - for the first time. I'm wondering what questions or topics I should ask Julia?

I've realised some treat Julia Gillard as if she is a saint. Why?
Posted by NathanJ, Thursday, 12 February 2015 3:14:35 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Because they are ignorant and deluded, and no matter how bad anything she has done is, its all ok so long as she talks nicely.

Why not ask her why she did strip the Rock Spider church (and all others) of their immunity from being sued.

Thereafter, why she did not change the compensation rules to ensure that the victims of the criminal catholic church and others were appropriately paid for their loss and ongoing suffering.

Perhaps Paul would like to comment but I would like to believe that Green support to pass the required legislation would not have been a difficult thing to negotiate.
Posted by DreamOn, Saturday, 14 February 2015 9:01:47 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Nathan, I would ask just one question and perhaps you can ask it for me.

Q. Considering your time as PM, your self claimed achievements and your mistakes that are obvious for all to see, do you Julia feel that your pension for life is well earned and do you feel you are deserving of it?
Posted by rehctub, Tuesday, 17 February 2015 6:25:34 AM
Dear Nathan,

Mark Kenny writing for The Sydney Morning Herald
tell us that:

"The political ledger of Australia's first female
Prime Minister is written in equal measure of red
and black ink."

"On the plus side there is her impressive record of
actual governance which began with her skilful creation
of a functioning grouping to allow her to govern without
a majority. Under her leadership, literally hundreds of
pieces of legislation (some bold and contentious) was
steered through what looked like an unmanageable
Parliament."

"In the process, numerous achievements were made ushering
in large, nation-building projects and major socially
transofrming programs like - dental services for kids,
the disability insurance scheme, increased retirement
incomes for ordinary people and school education reforms
(Gonski)." Including the appointment of the Royal
Commission into child sexual abuse.

"She also grew on the international stage - becoming
sure-footed and respected in global forums such as -
APEC, NATO, and G20, and in the great capitals of
Washington, London, Delhi, and Beijing."

"Throughout her time at the top - it was her unshakeable,
unflappable toughness and a certain grace under fire that
confounded her opponents and impressed those close to her."

On the minus side there was her - carbon tax reversal.

1) Repeated promise to deliver a surplus.
2) Botched Malaysian solution.
3) Unwise protection of Craig Thomson.
4) Elevation of Peter Slipper to the job of Speaker.
5) Botched re-design of the minig tax.
6) Under-estimation of Kevin Rudd's ambitions.

The questions that I would ask her would be:

"What was the highlight of your career as PM?"

"What was the lowest point in your career?"

"What advice would you give any female wishing to
enter politics?"
Posted by Foxy, Tuesday, 17 February 2015 1:42:31 PM
When considering the need to get the budget back into deficit, we ought consider than about a third or more of it is wasted on having a government.

We ought consider that in an ideal democracy, it is the people who choose to have a guvment to service and facilitate their needs.

Unfortunately, in this place the servants have long since taken over the house and now blow gross amounts of money on inane pursuits and dead wood pencil fiddling parasites.

Why not make a new law with full retrospective powers,

(in addition to stripping the churches of immunity to being sued and rectifying the compensation situation)

and define "Rock Spiders & Rock Spider Friends" at law and then charge, liquidate and imprison all of the filth like gillard who had anything to do with the incarceration and infliction of psychiatric harm upon minors.

*Foxy* you truly are nauseating with your cow-towing and misguided reverence.

Gillard is a foul and loathsome woman who had in excess of 2000 children imprisoned on her watch

(and she threw a tantrum during question time when she was asked by the then opposition about it)

and has done immeasurable harm to defenceless minors - and note our view is that children are children wherever they are from and it is a most heinous crime to treat them in the way in which they have been.

Any of the useful things that gillard has done pales into insignificance in the face of her abuse of minors.

Seriously, if a militant were to get in there and cut the heads of any of these people you wouldn't see me shedding any tears.
Posted by DreamOn, Tuesday, 17 February 2015 7:06:15 PM
Dear DreamOn,

You certainly have a way with words.

"Nauseating," "cow-towing," "misguided reverance,"
directed at me. Then you state that our former Prime
Minister Julia Gillard,
is a "foul and loathsome woman who had in
excess of 2000 children imprisoned on her watch."

And you end with your statement
about militants cutting off heads and your not shedding
a tear.

You're obviously out to impress us with your
concerns about human-rights issues.

Children in detention is of course something we should all
be concerned about. However, as David Isaacs - Professor
of Pediatric Infectious Diseases at the University of
Sydney and Senior Lecturer in Paediatrics and Child Health
tell us:

"For two decades - each government contributed to the
current state of affairs. Keating introduced mandatory
detention. Howard offshore processing, Gillard - Malaysian
rendition, Rudd barred visas, and Abbott turned-back boats.
This is beyond partisan politics..."

Neither side of politics has much to be proud of in its
treatment of asylum seekers and their children.
And the current PM's reaction to the Human Rights
Commissioner's Report on children in detention is
of great concern.

The following link explains:

http://theconversation.com/report-calls-for-royal-commission-into-children-in-immigration-detention-experts-respond-36299
Posted by Foxy, Tuesday, 17 February 2015 9:04:33 PM
Julia would want to talk about her beachside $2million bungalow in Adelaide.

http://tinyurl.com/2milbungalow

It is called conspicuous consumption. So be prepared with follow-up questions on what little enhancements she has made.

You could also ask her about Best Bloke, 'Timoy' and what domestic adjustments they have made after Julia was released from her parliamentary duties.
Posted by onthebeach, Wednesday, 18 February 2015 12:09:13 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy