The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > What would you do?

What would you do?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All
Just another example of lack of discipline in our education system where the young are not taught any respect for others and in fact are encouraged in "self expression". I would have got up and said something to the teenagers. However, I would also never have gone to ANY Macdonald's in the first place......and probably one reason why I have become misanthropic!
Posted by snake, Tuesday, 20 January 2015 2:13:17 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
My mother recently stopped a fight at a McDonalds, a group of kids were acting up, a middle aged guy told them to knock it off, they gave him a mouth full of cheek so he went out to his car and came back in carrying a pinch bar held out of sight behind his back.
The kids couldn't see what was about to happen and my 68 year old Mum did so she stepped in front of the guy and said very loudly " Call the Police, this man has a weapon and he's going to bash these kids!".
He threatened her with the bar, Mum spent 14 years as a prison officer so she's not easily rattled and by this time the group of kids had decided to make a run for the door, they got out alright but the older guy followed them to the car park and Mum didn't go after them.
Posted by Jay Of Melbourne, Tuesday, 20 January 2015 4:55:38 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Seeing that this thread is about the conduct of young people, as was the thread about manners, I thought this link may be of interest.

Parenting is certainly not easy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXgoJ0f5EsQ&feature=related
Posted by Banjo, Tuesday, 20 January 2015 7:17:24 PM
Link should come up automaticly, wonder why not this time, Try again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXgoJ0f5EsQ&feature=related
Posted by Banjo, Tuesday, 20 January 2015 7:23:44 PM
Jo9m: my 68 year old Mum did so she stepped in front of the guy and said very loudly " Call the Police, this man has a weapon and he's going to bash these kids!".

This is the very reason we have unruly bad mannered kids. Too many Do-gooders protecting them. I guess you were one of them.
Posted by Jayb, Tuesday, 20 January 2015 8:20:08 PM
Jayb,
Yeah, as a parent I recommend every child have their skull fractured by a short tempered adult in order to build character...ya nong.
My stepfather was there as well, if he'd stepped in the guy would have given him a hiding, my Mum worked in men's prisons including a stint at Pentridge she knows most crims, even violent ones won't usually bash a little old lady. Needless to say we asked that she not do it again.
Posted by Jay Of Melbourne, Tuesday, 20 January 2015 9:18:36 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy