The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Dismantling the health system

Dismantling the health system

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. 9
  10. All
A Letter I have written to Sussan Ley

I have been in the position where I had two very small children, we were new parents and did not have any family nearby.
This was overseas and there was no health service. We finally got to the stage where we were scared to take our children to the doctor because we owed him so much.
When we left to move to a country where there was a health service, we had to leave with unpaid medical bills.

I do not want to see this happen here especially when large amounts of money are being spent on military equipment that is not needed.
If we had not interfered with Iraq, Afghanistan, and now Syria, we would not be threatened by terrorists.
Large military forces are not needed to combat local terrorists , it is a police force problem.

This government is spending huge amounts on overseas travel that could be better spent on support for the health service.

Big business is being subsidised when they are all ready making obscene profits.
The large shareholders are avoiding tax.
The inequality of income is widening.

Now we are seeing a move to dismantle the health system.

If you are serious about running this country for everyone and not just for the rich, then this approach must stop.
Please do not proceed with this attempt to re- privatise the health system
Posted by Robert LePage, Friday, 16 January 2015 10:27:53 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
‘morning Robert,

“Dismantling the Health System”. What a great idea, user pays, fair to earners and recipients. It won’t stop some from skipping the country leaving their medical bills behind for some other poor struggling mugs to pay for them but hey, you can’t have everything.

Then we can make the social safety net just that, cut overseas aid, kill off renewable energy, stop PPL for government employees to bring them into line with every other parents in the country, get rid of all the replica UN agencies blighting our budget, stop our Universities from producing “humanities and bongo drum” degrees which now represent 28% of our University output, start work for the dole as fruit pickers and stop all funding to NGO’s.

There, we have just added about $25bn a year to our bottom line.

Well done Robert, you are a star.
Posted by spindoc, Friday, 16 January 2015 3:32:09 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
It's time Abbott went, how long can this mess of a govt continue.
Abbott shoots from the hip and doesn't care who gets in the way. This man has the makings of a terrorist. Get it over with.
Posted by 579, Friday, 16 January 2015 3:44:57 PM
Ya gotta laugh...another cunning plan from the PM's Office bites the dust.

How many back flips now is that from this dud leadership team?

I think yesterday's was the best so far.....more popcorn, please

It was the backbenches who were revolting.

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/the-backbench-revolt-that-forced-tony-abbott-to-back-down-over-20-gp-fee-20150116-12rs6g.html

"The backbench revolt that forced Tony Abbott to back down over $20 GP fee"
Posted by Poirot, Friday, 16 January 2015 3:45:16 PM
I'll just drop this here...

Journalist, Latika Burke just tweeted this:

"Had numerous govt peeps texting me black humour jokes about PMO’s performance this week. I remember when it got like this for Labor w. JG…"

Days are numbered for Abbott and Credlin, IMO.
Posted by Poirot, Friday, 16 January 2015 4:22:23 PM
That's Latika "Bourke"
Posted by Poirot, Friday, 16 January 2015 4:23:56 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. 9
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy