The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Is Halel certification a form of religious tax on consumers?

Is Halel certification a form of religious tax on consumers?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. 9
  9. Page 10
  10. All
I know that there are a lot of people who odn't care what kind of meat comes out of the storage rooms as long as it tastes good, but when the prices make a difference, I suppose we have a right to make a little bit of noise about it. I mean for an establishment to serve Halal certified food, or Kosher or Gluten-free or whatever it may be, as much as possible, the costs SHOULD be passed on to the people who actually need to consume such specially produced items right?
Posted by UdyRegan, Tuesday, 6 January 2015 4:31:41 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
UdyRegan, You are right, as organic grown foods, free range eggs and gluten free foods costs more on the shelf so the certified foods costs should should be passed on to persons requiring such and a range of foods that meet our basic standards should be free of such add on religious certification costs. This gives the customer choice.
Posted by Josephus, Tuesday, 6 January 2015 7:01:42 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Bazz,

I've never heard of any organisation paying a fee for the right to display a logo and then deliberately not doing so.

Care to share some examples?
Posted by wobbles, Wednesday, 7 January 2015 10:10:50 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Yes Wobbles how about Sanitarium.
Have a look on your Weetbix box.

I had a look in the super market at a number of products.
Cadbury was one I looked at, no label. For others I was doing it from
memory, next time I will take the list with me.
Posted by Bazz, Wednesday, 7 January 2015 10:47:58 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. 9
  9. Page 10
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy