The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > The Great Burqa Debate

The Great Burqa Debate

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 45
  7. 46
  8. 47
  9. Page 48
  10. 49
  11. All
Loud Goose,

"My faulty memory of the incident was that the chairs of the two houses ordered people with face-coverings to sit in a glassed-in area, where they could not be heard if they interjected. After all, with a face-covering, so the logic went, an interjector could not be identified. and properly ejected."

Lol!....and that's the best they could come up with!

Otb and o sung wu,

Yeah he did seem to be grandstanding...as I said, at the time I wasn't aware that security had been downgraded.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/national-affairs/ministers-may-be-shifted-from-courtyard-offices/story-fn59niix-1227064617460

"The security upgrade comes just months after a security downgrade to save money, which was strongly criticised by Liberal senator Bill Heffernan as foolish.

Senator Heffernan ridiculed that move that exempted the bags of certain staff from X-ray and screening procedures by claiming in a parliamentary committee hearing to have smuggled into the building a device that could be a pipe bomb. Last night a vindicated Senator Heffernan said he was very pleased with the government’s decision. “Reducing security just to save $400,000 was a grave error of judgment,” he said."

Still, if he'd waited a few months for Credlin and the masters to come up with their "terror hysteria" he would have got the upgrade (and much much more) without having to bother himself.
Posted by Poirot, Friday, 10 October 2014 5:47:58 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
@o sung wu, Friday, 10 October 2014 5:30:28 PM

If he had been quietly detected and while the good guys were getting into place to minimise public harm and disorder he had put his hand anywhere near the concealed item, the idiot could have accepted a couple of .40S&W hollow points.

He could have won that headline for a different reason.
Posted by onthebeach, Friday, 10 October 2014 6:44:30 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi there ONTHEBEACH...

Exactly, these blokes rarely think through the consequences of their actions, and wonder why something serious happens, and then there's hell to pay ! Brainless fools, nothing more nor less !

Hi (again) FOXY...

I understand. Their difficulty arises because they're not taught to use their common sense, nor logic. They have a set of written instructions from which they mustn't deviate, under pain of dismissal ? Consequently, in order to faithfully comply with those instructions, their superiors make absolutely no allowance for their common sense or judgement, thus you have the situation similar to you and your little fur hat ? These poor buggers act and react like mechanical mice, neither deviating from left or right, according to what's written in there inflexible rules. I do feel sorry for most of them, I really do !

Something else entirely, right of Topic and for that indiscretion, I humbly apologise;...... In ten short Days time, we're of on our holidays ! Commencing on Monday 20 October next, and for a full two weeks ! Yipeeeee !
Posted by o sung wu, Friday, 10 October 2014 9:17:25 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I see in the Courier Mail yesterday that, "The Ban Stands." Interesting to see what happens when they get back for the next Session on Monday.

Good stuff.

If you don't love it, leave. Aussie, Aussie, Aussie, Oi, Oi, Oi! Yair.....
Posted by Jayb, Sunday, 19 October 2014 12:41:48 PM
Their choice and here is one of the many *bleep*holes they could return to where they could feel completely at home, exercising that choice they like,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jfSxxx84zA
-Lara Logan tells details of her horrific rape. Not a rape that the feminists and political 'Progressives' were concerned about though. But whyever not?
Posted by onthebeach, Sunday, 19 October 2014 1:53:41 PM
While on minor(sic) events that don't raise a blip on the radars of feminists and the political 'Progressives',

http://blog.godreports.com/2014/08/1400-children-raped-and-trafficked-in-british-town-by-men-of-pakistani-muslim-heritage/
Posted by onthebeach, Sunday, 19 October 2014 1:59:28 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 45
  7. 46
  8. 47
  9. Page 48
  10. 49
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy