The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Feminism: Past it's use-by?

Feminism: Past it's use-by?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 13
  7. 14
  8. 15
  9. Page 16
  10. 17
  11. All
I can see that I wasn't properly respectful of the fem's, I didn't agree with all they said and I questioned the lack of real discussion or responses, how un-gentlemanly of me, and all you do is highlight the disparity between words and actions, you're all for discussing feminism et. al......as long as praises are sung and stereotypes are acknowledged as truth, and the real world is denied.
I questioned, and that is a major sin to any 'ism, isn't it?
It's easy to describe my "derisive, sneering and arrogantly provocative attitude", but go back and read all the contradictory posts with those same glasses, I was merely responding in kind.
All my criticism was focused on the content and style of feminism and the replies herein, the fact that I specified individuals was related to their own individual posts and lack of meaningful communication or debate yet it was used as an excuse to criticise me for my life and opinions, and as I clearly opined, THAT is so standard a feminist tactic that it IS a cliche, whether you like to admit it or not.
Now, that being said, I feel that this thread has run as far as it's likely to go so let's agree to disagree like civilised persons and move on to pastures new, it's entirely up to you.
I'm hoping that you both won't fall prey to the common habit of 'ists, to label me an antagonist and continue to criticise me on every occasion, no matter the subject, I will wait and see if you're capable of disagreeing on one subject and still being civil on others, that is surely the mark of a mature and rational mind. I believe I can do so, can you?
Posted by G'dayBruce, Thursday, 28 August 2014 11:58:03 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Most of the people actively fighting back against Feminism are Leftists and Liberal Humanists:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qk3beajVbzg
This girl was one of the first and the best and the death threats, the stalking, the attempts to get her fired from her job made it impossible for her to continue:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IT9jeK30yH8
There's no reason for right wingers or no wingers like me to be "Anti feminist", because we never believed in it in the first place Feminism has no bearing on our worldview, it's the Leftists, Liberals and the Humanists who are angry because they're the ones who've been sold out and whose legitimate political movements are being paralysed by Feminist wreckers.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4r7cwWegXCU
Posted by Jay Of Melbourne, Thursday, 28 August 2014 12:46:47 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Bruce,

Go back to your opening post and then re-read
your other posts on this discussion. -
Your attempt to rationalise
your obvious bias right from the start -
is simply not believeable. - Your words
from the very beginning with derogatory terms such as
"faminazis" and other sweeping statements betray you.

As Poirot pointed out - if you want a rational discussion -
you have to contribute to it as well. You didn't. And thus
were subsequently not taken seriously.

I am beginning to suspect that you may have a problem with
people (especially women) who don't
"play the game" so to speak, according to your rules,
and that you shall always find fault with them.
Shifting the blame (especially to women) - is nothing new.
I guess for some men it is a way to bolster their
feelings of power, superiority, and masculinity.

Well, good luck with that
Posted by Foxy, Thursday, 28 August 2014 1:34:42 PM
Sorry Foxy, my OP was an opinion piece and only that, and not remotely the way you describe it.
I'm afraid the rest of your last post was just more feminist rationalising, cliches to the bitter end.
All things change, the world has changed, young women as a loose grouping have changed, society has changed, young men as a loose grouping have changed, only the feminists and their mantra (and tactics) remain the same.
Here, I'll put up a mirror for you to consider, please do so.

"I am beginning to suspect that you may have a problem with
people (especially men) who don't
"play the game" so to speak, according to your rules,
and that you shall always find fault with them.
Shifting the blame (especially to men) - is nothing new.
I guess for some women it is a way to bolster their
feelings of power, superiority, and masculinity."

Recognise yourself?

I'm a supporter of women and their aspirations, and I laud those who achieved that change that women today enjoy as a birthright. But that does NOT mean that I therefore must "toe the party line" eternally, and my contention was and is that feminism must change with the world and times to stay relevant, a change it has so far singularly failed to achieve, which is why it now has so very little support among women themselves. Unless or until it can accept and embrace a changed society and redefine itself and it's goals in that context it will continue to wither and be a risible caricature of a once important social movement.
Posted by G'dayBruce, Thursday, 28 August 2014 2:03:31 PM
Problems of Western feminists

Problem No 1 and first order of business: Beyonce promoting feminism while grinding on a pole and singing 'Bow Down Bitches'.

She took HIS name too and...

LOL, any wonder that young women run screaming from the bossy, carping, entitled, disagreeable feminist dinosaurs of the previous Millenium.
Posted by onthebeach, Thursday, 28 August 2014 3:39:36 PM
Bruce, the last paragraph was not directed at you but to Otb (onthebeach). This poster has such a steady rant against women I can't help but try to goad him now and then. Mostly I just ignore, like one does to any troll.

Also, I don't quite get why you think Foxy wants you to agree with everything feminist discourse proposes. There are so many voices within the movement/discussion. There are worlds of differences between Germaine Greer, bell hooks and Jessica Valenti, to name but three published feminists.

One of the reasons I want to keep coming back to a very conservative thread like this forum is because if I were to only exchange ideas with very like-minded people I would never be challenged to reflect on my take on things. Within feminism, too, there are voices that can be confrontational. And the point with that is I suppose, is to reflect why. I'm sorry, but you haven't made the case for an affirmative answer to your question
Posted by yvonne, Thursday, 28 August 2014 4:13:10 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 13
  7. 14
  8. 15
  9. Page 16
  10. 17
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy