The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Reconciliation Declaration

Reconciliation Declaration

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All
Yvonne asks "how would that even be possible?". It will only be possible when our nation grows up, becomes more civilised and humane, and finally recognises that all aboriginal land was forcibly stolen from the inhabitants, and their descendents deserve at least some of it back.

Non aboriginal people need to comprehend that they do NOT have a right to determine the outcome of the lives of aboriginal people. Only the aboriginal people have that right. The racists and supremacists on this forum hate hearing that, as they consider "their" version of culture to be superior to aboriginal culture. Aboriginal people are looked upon by the supremacists on this forum as lesser beings, in need of "control".

Because of their cultural history on this land, aboriginal people deserve their own autonomous nation. This won't happen for many hundreds of years yet. Why? Because the supremacists and racist have a deep seated and primitive need to "control" aboriginal people. I suspect as our nation matures and grows up, the supremacists will slowly become fewer and fewer and fewer. Eventually Australia will recognise that aboriginal people have a right to their own autonomous nation, and complex mechanisms will then be put in place for the transfer of land. Likely the transfer itself will take several hundred years, for obvious reasons.

It can happen, and eventually it WILL happen. The only thing in doubt is the time frame.
Posted by JayI23, Friday, 8 August 2014 7:03:39 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Jay123,
The biggest factor mitigating against separatism is that the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence.
How is your idea of shunting them all off to Arnhem Land or Cape York different to anything that's gone before?
You'd also have to seal the borders of that nation otherwise every White criminal,pedophile and parasite would flock there like bees to a honeypot.
If Aboriginals have this supposed right to the same standard of living as Whites then assimilation is the answer, not separatism because you can't have a first world society without a majority first world population.
Posted by Jay Of Melbourne, Friday, 8 August 2014 8:27:10 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
[This person is a sock puppet who has been barred from the forum for offensive behaviour. If anyone notices someone like this turning-up again can you please notify me? Their previous persona was Jay123. Thanks, GrahamY]
Posted by JayI23, Friday, 8 August 2014 8:44:04 PM
this is more like reconcilation propganda and a declaration. You would have to be totally ignorant of history

'As an Australian citizen I acknowledge that before Europeans ever set foot upon this land, many great nations already prospered here. '

many great nations prospered here. What was the life expectancy? Give us a break from this rot. Ask young girls promised to uncles how they felt about it. You want to pray you were not disabled or you could well be clubbed over your head. Tell me this is a joke! Please.
Posted by runner, Friday, 8 August 2014 8:47:48 PM
[This person is a sock puppet who has been barred from the forum for offensive behaviour. If anyone notices someone like this turning-up again can you please notify me? Their previous persona was Jay123. Thanks, GrahamY]
Posted by JayI23, Friday, 8 August 2014 9:17:45 PM
many great nations already prospered here. '
runner,
I think there's some serious leg-pulling happening here. However, if only one speck of evidence can be produced I concede.
Posted by individual, Friday, 8 August 2014 10:40:15 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy