The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Beyond Blue Anti Racism campaign

Beyond Blue Anti Racism campaign

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 33
  10. 34
  11. 35
  12. All
Dear runner,

Before you lecture anyone on being judgemental
you should stop referring to their 'Leftist
dogma.' I haven't told you my political inclinations
whereas you proclaim your Christianity all over this
Forum - hence you can't expect people not to judge you
by your posts (as a supposed Christian).

Love, compassion, and all that. Right!
Try some of it. Practice - before preaching!
Posted by Foxy, Friday, 1 August 2014 4:03:57 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
cont'd ...

As for the mental disorders of the Indigenous
People. Apparently "Beyond Blue," finds the
problem serious enough to run a campaign to
highlight the damaging effects of racism and
to encourage us all to check our behaviour.
The message is directed at us - to change our
attitudes.
Posted by Foxy, Friday, 1 August 2014 4:08:05 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
'Love, compassion, and all that. Right!
Try some of it. Practice - before preaching! '

take a breath Foxy and apply it to yourself.
Posted by runner, Friday, 1 August 2014 4:11:05 PM
Dear runner,

But I always do!

I even forgive you. That's because the most radical
aspect of the teaching of Jesus goes beyond even
the commandment of love. It's His insistence on
forgiveness, even of enemies. In contrast to
Christianity, the other monotheistic religions, Judaism
and Islam, believe in "an eye for an eye, a tooth for
a tooth." There are of course many non-violent Jews
and Muslims who are committed to peace, but Jesus is
the first person in history to say that the vendetta and
the desire for revenge are totally inappropirate
responses for His followers.

However, Thank You for your concern about me.
Worry more about the example you're setting on this forum.
And try to change the unfavourable impression you're
making as a self-proclaimed Christian.
Posted by Foxy, Friday, 1 August 2014 4:22:07 PM
'Worry more about the example you're setting on this forum.
And try to change the unfavourable impression you're
making as a self-proclaimed Christian. '

No Foxy you have demonstrated for years that the only way to get a favourable impression from you is to agree with your ingrained predujices and dogmas (the very thing u accuse others of). You have no need to forgive me as I don't take offense from predictable responses.

Anyone knows that a major cause of depression is a dysfunctional childhood. The majority of Indigeneous people grow up with that and with a very high rate of sexual abuse. Multiple relationships from a very young age, fatherless upbringings and alcholol/drugs contribute far more than the small number of racist 'whites' in the community. The ads just contribute to not dealing with real issues and makes some feel that something good is being achieved. I suspect strongly it will have the opposite affect. I have seen this first hand for a long time.
Posted by runner, Friday, 1 August 2014 5:16:21 PM
Hi Foxy,

My reference to "mythologies" wasn't directed at Aborigines. But rather the white academics who are usually found at the core of such campaigns. In their nasty little minds practically all the woes in the world stem from whites, including racism.

Now for an outsider --someone who operates on the commonsense mode --this will sound farfetched (SPQR must be paranoid!). And I would have thought so too until I sat through a series of "Whiteness Studies" (and it goes by other names as well) at one of our major university's --and heard them spoon-feed it to impressionable undergrads.

Actually, you can get an inkling of some of their thinking if you read this recent OLO article http://www.onlineopinion.com.au/view.asp?article=16525. They aren't about ending racism --that's the line they feed the gullible -- they are out to create more division and justify more social engineering.

These people are seriously SICK, in the conventional meaning of the word.
Posted by SPQR, Friday, 1 August 2014 5:25:49 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 33
  10. 34
  11. 35
  12. All