The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Clive Palmer the Meglomaniac

Clive Palmer the Meglomaniac

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All
Where is the outrage being expressed against Clive Palmer hijacking the Government; or should I say the Country?

I understand that the Greens and Labour are lying back and having a laugh as Clive undermines everything the Coalition is trying to achieve but his antics effect every single one of us. Are the Green and labour concerned over his bullying? Are they concerned about his megalomania?

We need a public discussion about reeling in this mad man. Regardless of our individual politics, Clive Palmer is not good for Australia. A senate dominated by a total fruit cake for the next six years is a disaster.
Posted by ConservativeHippie, Wednesday, 16 July 2014 8:09:50 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear CH,

So you're concerned that a mining oligarch has
bought his way into Australia's Parliament
and is voting directly in his own interests.
And you're alarmed that he's using his
influence in Parliament to openly try to direct
government policies.

So what's new? In this country we have an
American company - NewCorp, owned by an American -
(Murdoch), controlling our media and influencing
both the government and the public. Telling both
what to think.

Take a look at our outmoded, inefficient and
corrupted system of governance. We have politicians
with no real skills designing highly technical
systems (communications). We have constipated
bureaucracies - all coupled with a gross lack
of accountability. We have public servants
getting away with massive and expensive failures.

We urgently need 21st Century governance to replace
the current 19th Century model.
Posted by Foxy, Thursday, 17 July 2014 6:17:21 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
HI CH
CP IS ABOUT TO GET SHAFTED BIG TIME..
THIS THING ABOUT HAVING A SCEME BUT NOT KICKING IT INTO GEAR TILL OTHERS DO[I RECALL WE HAD THE SAME CONTRACT RE THE TAMMIFLUE[IE IF UN DECLARED A PANDEMIC GOVT AUTO ORDERD 3 MILLION DOSES[ and then the un declared a pandemic

and we got shafted

now we going to have a faux sceme/i hope he is as clever as he was last time/cause they just got plastic bags through simply be reset

see on plastic bags the max sales price was set[of 10 cents]
and them non plastic bags cost 5 times that[AND ARE WORSE POLUTERS/PLUS WAGE COMPONANTS

this ag beatup
the light bulb concpiricy
the toner concspiricy/they just go one and on

sin taxes
when govt can issue its owwn cash at will
intrest and tax free/this tax is just plain-barsterdry
http://home.alphalink.com.au/~radnat/anstey%27s%20kingdom%20of%20shylock.html
http://www.washingtonsblog.com/2014/05/enron-2-0-wall-street-wants-manipulate-state-energy-markets-just-like-manipulates-every-market.html
Posted by one under god, Thursday, 17 July 2014 7:30:25 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
ConservativeHippie, I don’t see Palmer as being any further off-track or megalomaniacal than Abbott, or Rudd, etc.

His influence could be better or worse for us, and will probably be a mixture.

We sure do need to break away from the two party system, where both parties are essentially the same when it comes to the big political philosophies, and which are both in the pockets of the big business fraternity.

We need a sensible sane stable-population sustainability-oriented major party.

The biggest crying shame I find with politics is that the Greens should be this party. But they are just so non-sustainability-oriented!

Even if PUP is completely non-sustainability-minded, which I guess they will turn out to be, they won’t be any worse than the current mob in power, or the opposition.
Posted by Ludwig, Thursday, 17 July 2014 10:31:35 PM
Clive baby is there to provide a bit of vaudeville...and then to assist the govt to pass contentious legislation.
Posted by Poirot, Friday, 18 July 2014 12:24:03 AM
Is this any different, from the days of the DLP? The conservatives really loved the DLP as they were even more conservative than they were. The DLP believed they had God on their side, unlike PUP, who also believe they have God on their side, but the DLP didn't think he was sitting in parliament with them, in the form of a Big Clive, as PUP does!
Posted by Paul1405, Friday, 18 July 2014 6:53:07 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy