The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Danger on the Roads

Danger on the Roads

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All
I am now doing a fair amount of night time driving on country roads and I'm wondering if anyone is responsible for or, at the least, owns the numerous large animals that seem to wander aimlessly into the carriage ways?

Seems rather dangerous to me.
Posted by Is Mise, Tuesday, 8 July 2014 2:53:07 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
OH YA TALKING ABOUT THEM DROP BEARS
their having trouble hunting from the trees
so taken to scurrying between the bushes.but as for who owns them/if their not branded//tattooed dna tested..its likely the beasts are without master/freE born[not freE range]..

ANYHOW DID YOU NOTICE IF THEY GOT HORNS
it helps id them/was there great chunks out of the ears
could mean its a male that got away from the feelale he was mating with

apparently the free/fe-male/likes a nibble/when getting down and dirty
i find just avoid driving at dusk/and low beams the second i spo one[to give it darkness to escape/but also say god/im trusting you.]

the general rule is run it over but leave the skin on the fence
the meat is yours if your hungry/so say im so hungry i could eat a horse/no sweat/wish is granted

beware of running over yowies/[and never carry one in the back/if you happen to hit one/and accidently reverse over him/to see if hes all right[i thought i had a nice trophy/buT HE WOKE UP..MATE IT WAS A MESS.

i often PULL the dead stuff of the road
im trying to get a road kill forrest gravyard/going n the national park/next dor/but YOU KNOW HOW THINGS ARE/ soo much road kill/so few panel beaters.
Posted by one under god, Tuesday, 8 July 2014 10:01:59 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
What large animals, Is Mise? Roos, cows, horses, diprotodons?
Posted by Ludwig, Tuesday, 8 July 2014 11:02:56 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Well I guess on a tech issue, if anyone were to be held responsible for the native wild animals, it would be the indigenous folk as they claim to be the traditional owners, don't they!

As for farm animals, it's my understanding that if say a cow roams onto the road, it is the farmers responsibility if the gate was left open, whereas no one can be held accountable if the cow breaks the fence.

Similar for a dog.

But, if a person is walking a dog, without a leash, then they are held liable, however, if the dog breaks away from the owner and causes a problem, then the owner may not be liable depending on the circumstances.
Posted by rehctub, Wednesday, 9 July 2014 9:11:53 AM
I blame the greens.

If they hadn't got every damn thing on earth protected, [except the white adult male in work that is], there wouldn't be all this car damaging, fence destroying fauna around.
Posted by Hasbeen, Wednesday, 9 July 2014 9:50:20 AM
<< I blame the greens >>

Haaahahaa

Of course you do Hazza! ( :>)
Posted by Ludwig, Wednesday, 9 July 2014 10:03:16 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy