The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Plain packaging....Labor boosts smoking rates!

Plain packaging....Labor boosts smoking rates!

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 22
  10. 23
  11. 24
  12. All
IT's always dodgy when it appears as an Australian exclusive.
Posted by 579, Friday, 6 June 2014 12:29:10 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
We’re now at the pointy end of getting Australia towards being a nonsmoking nation, defined as having less than 10 per cent of people smoking. It’s always the last bit that’s the hardest,” Mr Moore told The Australian.

“We can hardly expect usage to drop at the same rate as it between World War II, when 80 per cent of men smoked, to 20 per cent a few years ago, to 15 per cent now.”

Mr Moore said experts “won’t be ignoring” the industry data but cautioned “tobacco companies have a long history of commissioning biased reports and interpreting data to suit themselves”
Posted by 579, Friday, 6 June 2014 12:33:35 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I KNOW ITS SO NICE TO HAVE LAST MONTHS SALE NUMBERS
but speed makes error..[but..SO-FAST*?]..COME-ON.

REVISIONS IN THIS ISSUE

There are revisions in this issue due to the incorporation of more up-to-date data and concurrent seasonal adjustment.

The estimate of the Implicit price deflator (IPD) for exports includes information not available at the time of compiling the Export Price Index (EPI),..including a negative $900m iron ore value adjustment..applied to the March quarter 2014 in the Balance of Payments...The EPI for March quarter 2014 will be revised with the June quarter issue of International Trade Price Indexes, Australia (cat. no. 6457.0)..*on 31 July 2014.

but greedy/scummy revenuers[read govt and its useless trolls].. needs immediate refutation..and majicly a govt dept provides the fuel for the 5billion extra taX THE LIE RAISes extra..this year

by what right/does govt agency
claim..it/has the right to make numbers up
[we can allways revise them if the usefull idfiots turn]

selective quoting..of no-sense=bulls tit

5206.0 - Australian National Accounts:
National Income, Expenditure and Product*,..Mar 2014.

yet majicly an antismokers 'found..it'immediatly under household
some haters realy dispise others enough to lie/set up fake links[check the ammount of dead links that simply disappeared

but reveal how we have hurt you
reveal your pain we cause upon you..NE-cause we despise you

hater'S hate..i expect this INSANITY FROM THE PRODUCER
who only can parrot back..but not fully quote
<<..Estimates of exports and imports of goods
by state/will no longer be published..in this..publication.>>

lol/but wont change/lol the numbers
why/do..i need refute..crappp

one wonders/why household/was used[not sales numbers?

<<..Taxes payable per unit of some good or service.>>

funny how no one says thanks for the 34 billion smoking taxes we pay

every year

<<..a good or service..(quantity being measured either..in terms
of discrete units...*or continuous physical variables..[lol]..such as volume,..weight,..strength,..distance,...time, etc.)>>

in this case square meters,

<..A tax on a product usually
becomes payable when the product is produced,..sold or imported,>>

not/when..it falls..onto/the house-hold-accounts

liars/..lie..dont..ask..why.
Posted by one under god, Friday, 6 June 2014 1:22:20 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
SR,

My apologies. My experiences of state and federal Labor governments is a continuous running of deficits. Victoria seems to be the exception.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Friday, 6 June 2014 1:48:23 PM
It was so good to see Labor supporting the
current Liberal government in Victoria recently
against the Independent MP - G. Shaw's attempt to bring down
the Liberal government. Although Labor had the numbers to
do this - they saw this as setting a wrong precedent - and they
supported the Liberal Government. Wish we could see more
of this partisan approach amongst our politicians and political
parties - when
it comes down to "doing the right thing," instead of playing
politics.
Posted by Foxy, Friday, 6 June 2014 2:16:27 PM
Dear Shadow Minister,

Duly noted. It is easy to get caught out with ones perceptions not fitting the facts. It happened to me recently in a conversation about heroine addicts. It appears the primary demographic for users is now middle aged white women in the suburbs. Who would have thunk it.

Looking forward to reading your future offerings and welcome you holding my own to account.

Dear Foxy,

I am hardly one to prevent another looking on the bright side of anything but I'm afraid I can't quite bring myself to view Andrews' actions as bipartisan. He was after a by-election in Frankston and to do so was willing to remove a sitting member, elected by his constituency, for a matter that the likes of Tony Abbott have been able to shrug off with an apology and reimbursement of monies spent.

I haven't quite made up my mind about Andrews. There are moments where I think he gets it then he displays a political mindset that in my opinion the average Australian is getting heartily sick of. Evasion, repetition and naked political expediency.

Time will tell.
Posted by SteeleRedux, Friday, 6 June 2014 2:37:13 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 22
  10. 23
  11. 24
  12. All