The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > When is a Tax not a Tax?

When is a Tax not a Tax?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 15
  7. 16
  8. 17
  9. Page 18
  10. All
A tax is not a tax when the voters believe it is not a tax. "Voters and votes can take my job but names will never do so" pollies could say. Take your complaint into parliament by votergram to all MPs.Leverage on them. If that does not achieve the desired result, campaign in marginal electorates to change local MPs. That is how to get more acceptable government if you don't like what is there. Try a Residents Roundtable.
Posted by Fairgo.org, Monday, 5 May 2014 5:56:32 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Fairgo, none of those things even remotely work. Here's why...

(1)"Take your complaint into parliament". A worthless suggestion. They won't pay one second's attention to you unless -- you say something they agree with, or offer their party a few thousand $$$$ for a "meeting". Also, petitions are 99.999999999999% destined to be 100% ignored.

(2) "Campaign in marginal electorates". Useless. Nobody will pay attention to "your" campaign. For them to pay attention you'll need to align yourself with a political party, and be subject to all the controls, corruption and double talk of the party (and if you say one wrong thing, they'll eject you from the party).

(3)"Residents roundtable". Completely worthless. The pollie in an electorate will only listen to residents if they support him/her. Then, 2 weeks out from the next election the pollie will "pretend" to listen to everyone.
Posted by Nhoj, Monday, 5 May 2014 7:44:24 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Fairgo, the other problem is that a large percentage of voters don't even know who thier local member is, let alone how to contact them. They usually vote for who represents the PM/party they want in power.

In all seriousness though, this topic comes back to the core problem we face, that being, how do we fix the budget without raising a tax/levy.

Nhoj, Now as for Tony Abbott increasing the debt, has he wasted any money, if so, how and where? Remembering that servicing labors massive debt is not waste of his doing, nor is running the illegals camps, a nessecity created and left behind by labors incompetence.

I can think of a minor issue, that being that stupid dames rubbish, which amounts to pocket money waste.
Posted by rehctub, Tuesday, 6 May 2014 6:21:05 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Nhoj,

Not true!

(1)"Take your complaint into parliament". A worthless suggestion. They won't pay one second's attention to you unless -- you say something they agree with, or offer their party a few thousand $$$$ for a "meeting". Also, petitions are 99.999999999999% destined to be 100% ignored.
I'm Gina Rinehart, I've got billions.

(2) "Campaign in marginal electorates". Useless. Nobody will pay attention to "your" campaign. For them to pay attention you'll need to align yourself with a political party, and be subject to all the controls, corruption and double talk of the party (and if you say one wrong thing, they'll eject you from the party).
I'm Clive Palmer, I've got billions.

(3)"Residents roundtable". Completely worthless. The pollie in an electorate will only listen to residents if they support him/her. Then, 2 weeks out from the next election the pollie will "pretend" to listen to everyone.
I'm Uncle Sam, I haven't got billions, but i've got a bloody big gun.

See, it easy to get politicians to listen to you.
Posted by Paul1405, Tuesday, 6 May 2014 7:06:55 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 15
  7. 16
  8. 17
  9. Page 18
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy