The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Are you willing to throw away the car keys?

Are you willing to throw away the car keys?

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. 9
  10. All
People in the western world have become dependant on cars - despite the huge negative impacts on human life and our environment.

Private motor vehicle based problems include: general air pollution, car crash incidents, bike and pedestrian injuries from cars and health and environmental effects of vehicle air pollution - in where Australia has one of the worst records.

There is also reduced physical activity by driving and obesity by people using cars - and the costs to the health system.

People who drive should have to pay more in petrol tax to cover the above costs.

Public transport, walking and bikes are the best way to go!
Posted by NathanJ, Wednesday, 23 April 2014 10:10:27 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Too many people are autoerotic.
Posted by david f, Thursday, 24 April 2014 8:14:04 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Never mind Nathan, it will not be a case of us leaving our cars but
our cars leaving us.
The problem is our cities and suburbs have been built around the car
and that will leave us with a real problem. Bicycles will be the major
means of local transport.
Posted by Bazz, Thursday, 24 April 2014 8:57:16 AM
Make your own ethanol Bass. It's about time fuel began to get scarce. Will not come without complications, for economic and commercial reasons. How credible is your information.
Posted by 579, Thursday, 24 April 2014 9:06:01 AM
< Are you willing to throw away the car keys? >

Not likely, Nathan!

But I am thinking about throwing away the house keys. Selling up and just living on the road!

Crikey, I’ve basically been doing that anyway for the last couple of years since I took a redundancy.

I wonder how living in a camper van or caravan or just out of your car as I do a lot of the time would compare to living in a house?

If there was a large trend towards this, would it be better or worse for the environment... and the economy and social fabric?
Posted by Ludwig, Thursday, 24 April 2014 9:14:18 AM
I ALLOWED MY TRANSPORT OPTions to expiRE
IT WAS JUST REVENUE RAISING BY FEES FINES THREATS ANF PRIVLEDGES

see the transport act..regulated 'transport'

transport means carry goiods or people for money
if your not doing commerce.your not subject to the rules for transport

but by clever tricvkery they renamed things
see person[wanting to do business need have permissions/./licence eg..regester their 'vehicle'..see if your licencedc/your conveyance now becomes a 'vehickle'..under the juristiction of the act

in short its a huge revcenue raising scam
but what really peeved me i had to compuloru enter into commerce[third partyh insurance]..govt cannot comply commerce

im a safe driver/when i driove i used at best two tanks of fuel
travel in a year maybe up to 1000 k tOPS..YET FOR MY HALF DAY ON THE ROAD I PAID FULL COMPULSORY INSURANCE[IT should bER IN THE FUEL COST]

THE MORE YOUR ON THE ROAD.THE BIGGER THE RISJ
I WAS BEING SCREWED IN SO MANY WAYS..but them the mongrels supended my rego..so i stopped paying it..so they cancelled my licence.so i stopped renewing it..anyhow it was heard in court[i wasnt invited to spers put a lien on my house/

but stuff it
their not getting one more cent/i MORE THAN PAId the rent

anyhow an eletrick bike to get up the hills
or a scooter..seems the go..but im now so old im pushing the bike up hill..so i leave it at home and walk..i should be walking just now

yes i threw away my car keys
but im doing it hard..public transport is a joke.and superr expensive[especially if you got no govt pension discount/but thats just more of govts game

anyhow judgment day is 6 may
http://forum.onlineopinion.com.au/thread.asp?discussion=6293&page=11
http://forum.onlineopinion.com.au/thread.asp?discussion=6152&page=0#178808
Posted by one under god, Thursday, 24 April 2014 9:22:06 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. 9
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy