The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > How accomodating will Aussies have to becom?

How accomodating will Aussies have to becom?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 25
  11. 26
  12. 27
  13. All
Good afternoon to you ONTHEBEACH and BANJO...

By golly I really and truly hope you're both right, I really do ! I have the gravest fears for our culture, our country, and our unique way of life. Before I retired I saw whole suburbs (Bankstown, Greenacre, Wiley Park etc.) of SW Sydney, taken over by the most violent, malevolent, and venomous Islamic gangs I've ever seen. It is for this reason I hope that both of you are correct in this instance, and I'm absolutely wrong !

You see I'm too old now to, take to task the politicians (of all Parties) who've stood by passively, and allowed this to happen ! They sit amid the beautiful decor, of their lavishly furnished air-conditioned offices in Parliament House, in Canberra, completely insulated from the events that are occurring, just 300kms up the road in Western Sydney.

Apparently, all are oblivious to the corrosive effect this failed experiment in 'multiculturalism' has had on the ordinary people who've lived and worked in the Bankstown area, and it's broad environs, for generations upon generations.

Even former PM Paul Keating was a proud son of Bankstown. Now though, all but a very few Aussies, have been driven right out of their beloved suburb by the menacing and hostile presence of these awful religious gangs ! The few that remain, are constantly frightened by almost nightly gunfire ? You believe I exaggerate ? Watch TV's nightly news, or read the morning newspapers ?

So I again repeat, ONTHEBEACH and BANJO, I really, really hope you are both right for all our sakes !
Posted by o sung wu, Thursday, 10 April 2014 6:18:45 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I saw a post on one of the boat people threads recently where some reasons why "refugees" choose to come here were listed. I can't find the post. It was from someone who I would consider a supporter of a more accommodating approach to refugees. One item that stuck in my mind was along the lines of "Breakdown of civil society". That may not be the exact words. I may not have the exact wording.

For me that items sits at the heart of the issue. Whilst I'll happily ascribe a little of the guilt to the excesses of the CIA I don't think that's the whole story.

The cultures many are fleeing are toxic, relying on tribal loyalties and oppression to hold together when they are stable. I think a lot of opponents of muslim immigration think that many coming here bring those same toxic cultural habits with them (and I include the way religion is practised under the term culture).

Some may have been on the loosing side of a local conflict but that does not imply a rejection of the attitudes and beliefs that created the conflict in the first place. People can flee a situation and take with them the causes of the situation they despise.

None of that's to suggest our own culture is perfect but for the most part we have not embraced the same levels of tribalism and brutality that seems to be at heart of the breakdown of civil society in the countries many current refugee's originate from.

R0bert
Posted by R0bert, Thursday, 10 April 2014 6:45:34 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
o sung wu,
Hey, I am an oldie too. I can recall going to some Saturday night dances at Bankstown Town Hall just to see Col Joye playing. We got our highs from the music, there was no drugs or grog there.

So I reckon you are still capable of Penning a letter to Morrison or the PM and giving them you thoughts about MC. Hope you consider that.

While I have you, do you know of any type of crimes that you can specifically relate to MC, or a increase of the type. I was thinking about 'home invasions' and maybe 'extortion'. When I was young we never heard of home invasion. The drug scene and MC seemed to have coincided or both began about the same time.
Posted by Banjo, Thursday, 10 April 2014 7:36:33 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
R0bert "Breakdown of civil society"

Exactly.
How could there possibly be "social cohesion" (a favorite buzzword of pro-multi activists) with people from 6000 different cultures?

Things have not fallen apart yet, because of the momentum of past success/stability.
You will notice though that since the GFC, much more hostility has emerged.

Some are predicting another crash is imminent.
Could that be the last straw?
Posted by Shockadelic, Thursday, 10 April 2014 8:23:27 PM
Hi there BANJO...

The thing that struck me most with the Islamic coterie, was a complete lack of co-operation - nobody saw anything, heard anything, knew anything. They were not intimidated by a police presence, in fact whenever you had occasion to speak with any of them, you were often met with just 'dumb insolence'.

Therefore most police operations, were reactive rather then proactive. On a normal ramp, you might get a gun or a knife of some description if you were lucky ? They seemed to be well provisioned concerning all manner of illicit weapons.

BANJO, most crime was committed 'in company'. That is to say they actively operated in gangs, whatever the crime was. Home invasion was not something that I had much dealing with, while I was working the area. Demanding property/money with menaces was common. Together with all strata of crimes of violence ? Bashings we carried out in company to. The days of 'one out' behind the pub were long gone.

You see BANJO, even though these blokes had strongly identified with the Lebanese, occasionally Turkish, and Syrian gangs, most were ordinary Australian citizens who were born here ? Many had no definable accent, nor could they be intimidated into thinking they might be deported as undesirable aliens either ?

Often the lower courts were quite lenient with them initially. However, indictable offences did attract some heavier penalties to be quite fair.

Further, just before I retired, there was a strong emergence of native born Somalian and Sudanese gangs introduced into the mix also ? It was my understanding, the latter didn't get on too well, with the mainstream Muslim groups ?
Posted by o sung wu, Thursday, 10 April 2014 9:39:23 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Migration must be a two way street. When the decision is made to apply to migrate to another country,(for the chance of a different life for themselves and family, maybe better education or the opportunity to put thier work skills to better use) people, particularly from countries where they define themselves by their religion rather than nationality must be fully informed of what to expect, what is expected of them and be willing to make a few changes. As Im sure if I were to do the same, I would have to expect there would be alot of adaptations. If i decided I couldnt bring myself to meet these expectations, I would stay put. (I certainly wouldnt gather a heap of my mates, form a gang, turn rebel and demand rights).
My understanding of those seeking asylum, are fleeing for fear of their lives. Escaping a 'toxic' culture and are destitute. Realizing
they could be given food, clothing and a roof over their heads in a non war torn country, must give them overwhelming feelings of gratefulness and worth.
As they have been victims not criminals, and want to become a part of society, they would be eager to learn the language of their new country offering any work skills they may have. As they no doubt would be penniless, assistance be offered as a loan to enable them to get on their feet. The process would no doubt be lengthy, but none the less a learning process, education (language and culture) work skills. The living arrangements through this time would be basic, (which they would have to expect) where their necessities are met. Comfort in the knowledge that they are safe and are being offered the opportunity to become working respectable citizens.
One last thing, there needs to be an emphasis on those where some traditional religious rituals or behaviors are considered criminal. Crimes committed by anyone are dealt with by the law, whether black white or brindle, male or female, no exceptions.
Posted by jodelie, Thursday, 10 April 2014 9:43:04 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 25
  11. 26
  12. 27