The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > How accomodating will Aussies have to becom?

How accomodating will Aussies have to becom?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 23
  7. 24
  8. 25
  9. Page 26
  10. 27
  11. All
Yuyutsu,

Why do I get the impression that you have only a recently arrived on this planet and are still having problems adjusting to the ways of the locals?

<<as to what families believe in, your suggestion is only one among many possibilities...Another family for example may believe that their daughter is destined to be a traditional Shaman/healer...>>

Actually, I think it is a safe bet that if they are chanting that there is no God but Allah and Mohammed is his last and greatest prophet. They are not going to look too kindly on anyone wanting to make a career as a shaman--or shawoman.
http://edition.cnn.com/2011/12/13/world/meast/saudi-arabia-beheading/

<< I respect the girl's freedom above all. A 12 year old girl, should she so choose, should have no problem walking to a police-station (or any other institute, even just a shop, or by making a phone-call) and asking for refuge and asylum from her family.>>

You have much greater faith than me Gunga Din!
Posted by SPQR, Friday, 18 April 2014 10:51:29 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Rather than becoming more accommodating, this thread has highlighted one thing. We have been suckers.

Yep it is not more accommodating we have to become. What we need is a much faster & heavier right boot. A big boot to kick out the undesirables quick time, & ignore the bleeding hearts who would plead for mercy for their attackers.

The stupidity of excess kindness, thinking a helping hand will be welcome & reciprocated with thanks by these aliens has to stop. The fact that they walk on 2 legs does not make them human, just a facsimile of human beings.
Posted by Hasbeen, Friday, 18 April 2014 12:24:48 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Yuyutsu "if I had the option to live in this continent without it [society], then I would be even happier."

But you don't. Nobody does.
And that's the point.

You can't go anywhere at all without encountering a "society", where you have to live with *other* people and those people (as a whole, not just as individuals) decide the nature of that society.

Again you're proposing an absolutist idealist vision of life (of you, and only you) that can never exist in reality.

People who want child marriage or polygamy can move to societies that permit them.
They shouldn't move to a society where they know those acts are overtly unacceptable, then expect some special "cultural sensitivity" exemption.

"no neighbourhood/city/region/state/nation has any legitimate power over my life."

Then why does a "family" have power?
Why did your parents have power over you?

Why on Earth does blood relation confer power/authority but no other social grouping does?
(Ironically, when I prioritise blood relations, it's an outrage!).

"If one asked the state for welfare-payments or schooling, then that constitutes an implicit desire to integrate"

In one way or another *everyone* makes use of the state's provisions.

Do you walk on the footpath? Do you drive on the road?
Who pays the upkeep on those? The government!

Where does the government get the money? The people! (i.e. the society, which you think you can disconnect from).

"So I didn't buy that bicycle"

Where's the protest? You just passively gave up.
How are the politicians going to know your opposition?

Hasbeen "The fact that they walk on 2 legs does not make them human"

Whether they're "human" is irrelevant.
"Human" doesn't mean anything. It tells you nothing about them.

Humans don't live as humans.
We're the only species with no "standard operating procedure".

People might live as Turks, women, engineers, surfers, gamblers, Mormons.
But nobody lives as a "human".

Immigration policy should not therefore be justified by people simply being "human". That's not enough.
Posted by Shockadelic, Friday, 18 April 2014 4:53:33 PM
Yuyutsu,
I think I will just put you down as eccentric with peculiar ideas.

You could live on an inaccessable bush block, but you would still have to pay rates and for your PC connection, so have to participate in society. You could build a bicycle track where you could ride without a helmet. That would learn the government not to impose their will where it is not wanted.
Posted by Banjo, Saturday, 19 April 2014 7:11:51 AM
Dear Shockadelic,

<<You can't go anywhere at all without encountering a "society">>

Sadly, this is the existing situation where society is tied up with geography: this forum is a perfect place to express my view that this shouldn't be so!

<<People who want child marriage or polygamy can move to societies that permit them.>>

Agreed. But this should not require them to move to a different geographical region. One should be allowed to roam this earth, created by God; by nature; or whatever; long before the creation of states, without being forced to belong to societies they have no interest in - provided of course they do no harm to others.

<<Then why does a "family" have power?>>

This is not 'power' as such to act against the will of a child, but rather extremely similar to 'power of attorney', representing a child until she is old enough to represent herself.

<<In one way or another *everyone* makes use of the state's provisions.>>

As a consequence of the state having practically blocked all other options and immorally enforced its violent power over a whole continent.

<<Where's the protest? You just passively gave up. How are the politicians going to know your opposition?>>

I have tried, but quickly learned that politicians almost never listen to ordinary people. For every successful protest there are 1000's of unsuccessful ones, but we usually hear only of the successful ones.

I did however announce over these pages that in the next federal elections I will vote for whatever party(s) that stops denying me the freedom to ride a bicycle.
Posted by Yuyutsu, Sunday, 20 April 2014 1:06:07 PM
yuyu..any chance..your in Brisbane..on 6 may?
your correct in what you say...protests dont work
so im doing things a different way..judgment day..begins 6 of may

http://forum.onlineopinion.com.au/thread.asp?discussion=6293&page=11

i need witness..who have tried to be heard
ie who want to be heard..to talk before a maggi straight/sworn to report diedctly to the king[ok queen]..if i can make it happen..6 may..is d day

im told that judgment DAY LASTS 50,000 YEARS?
SOMETHING RE THE KORAN JESUS..and judgment day
im planning a first witness..dennis walker..but if he dont make it..i could sure use the hep..

IM TRYING TO DECIDE IF BLOGGING OR GOING TO MARDIGRASS..needs be a part of the plan..but if we cant be heard even in the queens court room..we might as well be in rome.or i might as well stay home
Posted by one under god, Sunday, 20 April 2014 2:22:00 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 23
  7. 24
  8. 25
  9. Page 26
  10. 27
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy