The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Greed+Polliticians+Corruption=CSG

Greed+Polliticians+Corruption=CSG

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All
Why are our politicians, regardless of Party affiliations, not acting to protect our citizens from Coal Seam Gas exploitation? Exploitation that sees prime agricultural land and National Parks poisoned with chemicals and salts that cannot be reclaimed or cleaned up. Exploitations that sees our State and Federal governments receiving as good as nothing by way of taxes and levies from this industry.

The only “Australian owned” component to this travesty are the companies that supply the water needed for this filthy and the irreversible industrial process and ancillary services that support the process. The overwhelming majority of principal executives and shareholders of these water supply companies and ancillary services have strong ties to major political parties.

Initially the Nationals who were the old “Country Party” swelled the ranks of the profiteers and lobbyists that have managed to sway all governments of all persuasions to allow the rights of land owners and existing legislations that protect the environment to be nullified. Tony Abbott before being elected made sounds that would lead anyone with a basic grasp of English to understand that he would give the decision of right of entry to private properties to the land owner....after the election a stony silence and no change to the pillaging of our environment.

In NSW we watched Labor powerbroker Eddie Obeid and his money grabbing family use their political clout to rezone land for mining and generate profits of hundreds of millions for the investment price of a suburban house. Obeid was caught and has faced ICAC, but the disease that is CSG corruption rolls on to the likes of Liberal senator Arthur Sinodinos and family who profit from the legislations and rulings that flow from the government he is a part of.
Posted by sonofgloin, Saturday, 22 March 2014 8:16:37 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
So sonofgloin, you think the governments make little to nothing out of the CSG industry, well, all I can SA is brace yourself if eve the industry does get shut down, because the 08 recession will look like a tea party in comparison to the finacial downturn we would see.

I find it amusing how so many people think the only revenues governments ge out of mining are royalties, when in fact, they collect billions in the form of taxes, from employ yes, to pay roll taxes, to fuel and import duties. So be careful what you wish for.

As for the harsh chemicals being used, the recent asbestos incident came from a product made from predominately ground walnut shells and, as soon as it was found t contain asbestos, work ceased and the product was no longer used.

Finally, with regards to prime ag land, a landmark descision has jus been made giving much more power to land owners of prime ag land. So progress is being made.
Posted by rehctub, Saturday, 22 March 2014 3:38:20 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Where there is smoke there is fire. Address the commotion at hand in stead of making excuses for other people.
Posted by 579, Saturday, 22 March 2014 3:56:44 PM
By the way sonofgloin, there is no such thing as reson g land for mining, as mining tenures already exist over most of the country, they mauve have to seek approvals, but not rezonning.

As in interested party in CSG, I look at the tension between landholders and miners and I have even suggest that if miners wanted to get land owners on side, the answer is, water.

You see all this wate tha is drawn from beneath their farms is channeled off in a maze if interconnecting pipes and if done so right before their eyes, yet, they (the farmers, can't have any.

Fix this problem and 90% of the problems will go away.

So, some facts.

A farmer with 20,000 acres of grazing land, if it were to be mined, could stand to earn as much as $4 million, per year, for thirty years RISK FREE.

Sure beats the hell out of farming because it would be impossible for them to make that type of money from grazing and, they don't even have to get out of bed, let alone employ anyone.

In fact, the amount of dollars being spent out where I am on the likes of infrastructure, machinery and flash cars is astounding, and all because of CSG payments.

So dont for one minute think the government is missing out.

Let me tell you, the ones making the most noise are the ones who are missing out.
Posted by rehctub, Sunday, 23 March 2014 6:57:32 AM
Butch you make it sound as if all is right with CSG....that’s not correct as proven by the now spent CSG fields of mid west America whose legacy is spoiled land and water tables and uninhabitable spaces....almost like Chernobyl....same result but without the radiation.

Regarding your asbestos and walnut shells Butch......the evaporation ponds still contain benzene, toluene, ethylbenzene, and xylenes, which are volatile organic compounds regardless of the ban to use these in the fracking process....and the wells use hundreds of thousands of litres of water per day.....they become a chemical manufacturing plant as a bi product of the extraction. Just the other week a containment pond leaked because the CSG company failed to line it....they copped a small fine.....but nothing will grow on that patch of Australia for a long long while.

You note the jobs that the CSG industry brings and the revenue via taxes that the government draws, but I have never heard you complain about the free trade agreements that took all our other manufacturing jobs. You can’t use one as a defence if you have disregarded the other Butch.

Forget about the “tax” the CSG companies pay, it is negligible. All the government actually gets is a 6% royalty tax....and from the same tax man that grabs four times more from me. Nah Butch we get nothing from this except 3000 Chernobyl’s scattered throughout Qld and NSW.

This thread focussed on the BLATANT corruption that seeped into both sides of parliament and the bastard politicians that have known of it via whispers in the parliamentary toilets....an apt place to discuss such matters.

Finally Butch, I am not against CSG mining but the choice of locations. Not one well inland that costs to service and ship....all are right next to us on the coasts...funny that...
Posted by sonofgloin, Sunday, 23 March 2014 9:05:03 AM
Rechtub>>By the way sonofgloin, there is no such thing as reson g land for mining, as mining tenures already exist over most of the country, they mauve have to seek approvals, but not rezonning.<<

Butch as you know everything below us belongs to the Crown....forget about zoning....re CSG the Crown can legislate to keep our farmlands as farmlands and our precious water table free of toxic chemicals.

>>Let me tell you, the ones making the most noise are the ones who are missing out.<<

God your starting to sound like Shadow Min......I understand about bring money to the districts...but after they leave there is no district left....I knew SM is a selfish soul, but I thought you were a decent thinking hard arsed bloke....it doesn’t matter, but I was definitely wrong.
Posted by sonofgloin, Sunday, 23 March 2014 9:20:53 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy