The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > How can they get away with this.

How can they get away with this.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All
ON the front page of the QLD Courier Mail today, is a large photo of ACCUSED killer, Peter Cowan, the man that police ALLEDGE is Daniel Morcombs killer.

With this type of trial by media, how on earth can this guy receive a fair trial and, more importantly, how will Daniles parents feel if this somehow results in a miss trial?

I just can't believe how they (the media) gets away with this.
Posted by rehctub, Friday, 21 February 2014 5:50:31 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
one can only imagine..to get other wORSE..headlines off the front page
so my guess is rather THAN HAVE YOU UPSET ABOUT ANNA BlIGHT..selling the land/the mater hospital stands on for a dollar]..it decided TO RUN WITH THE FACE...[TO SAVE govt face..or rather the public sErvice who set the Mater scam IN TRAIN.]

further ..the case might be looking shaky..so a face like that..might jog a few memories..HOW THEY get away with it was due to beatip and blight getting rid of the other papers...long ago.[by only giving govt adverts to one/PAPER]

WHO KNOWS
WHO CARES..the guy was likely set up/a wanna BE..or OTHER..[we cant second guess this..but they RATHER US TALKING OF IT..than of the other..]..LIKE the G20..OR ww3..
Posted by one under god, Friday, 21 February 2014 8:28:40 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I can remember a time when the public record belonged to us! Now sleazy Public Servants sell off this information to brokers for nothing and then for us to get it we have to pay.
If you went to any court you would see the accused person so what is the difference?
This privacy nonsense is a total scam dreamed up by the legal profession and government.
Everything should be out in the open and so should we be!
Also do not be so superior mate! The jury will take their job seriously and I would rather face them than the sleaze that permeates our public service and the legal profession.
Posted by JBowyer, Friday, 21 February 2014 8:31:20 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Rehctub, are you suggesting the public have no right to know that someone has been picked up and charged with a murder?

As long as the media write "alleged" alongside the accused name, then the media have every right to report on these matters.
From what I have read, this piece of lowlife scum doesn't deserve much consideration at all...
Posted by Suseonline, Friday, 21 February 2014 10:06:12 AM
eerrr, didn't he plead guilty ?
Posted by Bazz, Friday, 21 February 2014 10:22:03 AM
The real question is why such photos and stories of murder (and other crime) are published in the first place - and on front pages at that.

This is unhealthy, it produces negative vibes, it contaminates the minds of the readers with violence and fear - and it also represents a distorted picture of reality because 99.9999% of us are not murderers.

Those who need to know the facts for real reasons other than pervert curiosity, should, and I believe, have, full access to court records.

If papers don't stop such unwholesome disgusting practices, then people should stop buying their newspapers.
Posted by Yuyutsu, Friday, 21 February 2014 12:57:47 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy