The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Minister Morrison the Truth about Manus Island

Minister Morrison the Truth about Manus Island

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 28
  7. 29
  8. 30
  9. Page 31
  10. 32
  11. All
@Paul1405, Saturday, 1 March 2014 7:57:52 AM

Why not post the link? That way all get to read the comments of the police who are independent, unlike the sad tabloid journalism that created the story line in the hope (you too?) for a long ride on the 'racism' bandwagon.

Here is a link for those interested,

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/queensland/gold-coast-bus-attack-two-women-leave-elderly-man-upset-and-shaken-20140228-33pyl.html

I note that the women also abused a mother with a pram. I wonder what her infant was doing at the time. Who cares? Not topical for a headline ATM, apparently. Also, the old gent didn't identify as indigenous but that is the spin to add editorial 'colour' to the crude Bogan behaviour and speech of these 'Housos' on their day out.

In any event it is a common occurrence on the Glitter Strip and almost everywhere else to encounter such rude and abusive men and women, not necessarily young either. On another day the story line would possibly have indulged in speculative spin on alcohol and youth, it is highly likely the two would have been drinking. Or earlier, on the raunch behaviour that is so common among young women as to be trite to mention.

The media make the news. Most people know that. The real story was not judged 'sexy' enough for prominence: which was the swift and certain police work and the very public-spirited actions by those on the bus and by the public generally. But that wouldn't sell to an audience with the mental age of an eight year old, who need their daily fix of 'ain't it awful' to get their self-righteous dander up.

Sadly, there are people acting badly everywhere. Any who volunteer to help the elderly will have many stories of elder abuse, such as drivers trying to force them off the road, ferals spitting at them and general lack of respect. It is lack of support for police and soft Courts that encourage it.

But importantly, elders are not respected in modern, 'Progressive' Australia. Politicians and others who need excuses for poor planning and blowing budgets regularly blame seniors and wish them dead.
Posted by onthebeach, Saturday, 1 March 2014 3:31:14 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Foxy,

Not stirring at all, you defend religious freedom and think that 25% of the followers of the Qur'an are true believers.

You referred us to that site on which Saman Shad wrote "Only 20-30% of Muslims construct their identity on the basis of their religious practice,"
That is on the Qur'an.

So, got any ideas on how we can change the thinking of this minority in Islam?

As I said earlier, my Muslim friends in Bankstown are selling up and moving to a decidedly non-Islamic area, because of their FEAR of what is happening around them.
They are Nizaris and are thus members of a vulnerable minority.
Posted by Is Mise, Saturday, 1 March 2014 3:47:10 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Is Mise,

Freedom of religion is a value that is important in
modern Australia.

And as long as their practices do not break Australian law -
they are free to practice their religion.

Making them see reason?

Whose reason and why?
Posted by Foxy, Saturday, 1 March 2014 4:58:04 PM
Paul1405
I am sure the Indian woman knew it was 12 or under lane.
It only when they get caught that it becomes a mistake.
I fully concur with the bloke who took her to task.
I have done the same thing and waited for the good Samaritan outside the super market.
I am sure he will never come to the aid of another non Australian.
Indians mate? Look what they did do England and South Africa and Fiji.
Posted by chrisgaff1000, Saturday, 1 March 2014 5:44:45 PM
And Chris you supposed to be an x copper? Throwing gays into the Parramatta River. Please tell what did you do with the 'good Samaritan' outside the super market. Given em' a good old fashioned bashing, give em' some of your legendary copper abuse. You cant be for real, just a stirrer! In real life your are most likely some mealy mouthed wimp, who wouldn't say boo! Then comes onto a forum like this to pump himself up! Wow!
Posted by Paul1405, Saturday, 1 March 2014 6:12:56 PM
@chrisgaff1000, Saturday, 1 March 2014 5:44:45 PM

On the subject of unprincipled line jumping, there is a very funny sketch in Series 8 of 'Curb your Enthusiasm' (US sitcom) featuring another opportunist line jumping pest, the 'Chat and Cut' exponent.

What the 'Chat and Cut' interloper does is feign a familiar relationship to hold a conversation with someone well advanced in the queue and joins the queue at that point. Of course people fume in silence but not Larry David.

Worth seeing.
Posted by onthebeach, Saturday, 1 March 2014 6:56:38 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 28
  7. 29
  8. 30
  9. Page 31
  10. 32
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy