The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Minister Morrison the Truth about Manus Island

Minister Morrison the Truth about Manus Island

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 27
  7. 28
  8. 29
  9. Page 30
  10. 31
  11. 32
  12. All
Dear Paul,

I wonder how do we make those two young women
see reason? And what percentage of our
population holds those sort of beliefs?
Interesting.
Posted by Foxy, Saturday, 1 March 2014 9:01:27 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
yep these 2 young woman symptonmatic of a godless secular society. Why is anyone surprised.
Posted by runner, Saturday, 1 March 2014 9:15:26 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Foxy,

So you agree that religious instructions to beat one's wife are quite alright in the context of religious tolerance in Australia; how quaint.
Posted by Is Mise, Saturday, 1 March 2014 9:38:53 AM
Dear Is Mise,

Now you've simply stirring.
Try again!
Posted by Foxy, Saturday, 1 March 2014 11:35:24 AM
Runner, there is no indication of the religious orientation of these two women, if indeed they have any religion at all. For all we know they could be a couple more of that bigoted Christian brigade or lunatic Muslim mob.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/feb/28/racist-gold-coast-bus-attack-victim-complaint-girls-involved

One of the dangers (undesirable side effects) of the Abbott governments asylum seeker policy is, and I believe this to be most likely unintentional, on Abbott and Co's part. As the government acts with intolerance, there are those in society who take the wrong message from it all, seeing their own personal intolerant attitudes as also being, justifiable and socially acceptable. More than one Muslim person has told me they have been racially abused several times, and these days not always by the usual types, the knuckle dragging Neanderthal, but more "respectable" citizens.

con't
Posted by Paul1405, Saturday, 1 March 2014 2:12:30 PM
con't

I recently got involved in an argument in a supermarket with a bloke. The woman in front of him was about 60 of Indian extract with a younger woman, possibly her daughter. They were in a 12 items or less lane, and they had more than 12 items, they had about 30. The bloke waited until she was being served before he opened up about the number of items they had, and it being an express lane. The older woman, well spoken, apologized, saying she didn't see the sign. Her apology wasn't good enough for this bloke, he carried on like a pork chop throwing racial insults at the women. I and a couple of others intervened tell this bloke what a jerk he was. I told him plainly racial vilification was a crime and if he keep it up the police would be called, the women didn't want trouble, nor did his partner, telling him to shut up! The real unfortunate thing about all this along with this jerk was a young woman about his age, and worse a young girl about 8 years old, probably his partner and daughter. What kind of message was "Dad" giving to his daughter. I suspect maybe the next day at school, when the Indian kid in front, spends too much time at the water fountain, the young girl will have all the right adjectives to unload on that kid.
Posted by Paul1405, Saturday, 1 March 2014 2:13:10 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 27
  7. 28
  8. 29
  9. Page 30
  10. 31
  11. 32
  12. All