The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Greens - pursuing issues that no one knew existed!

Greens - pursuing issues that no one knew existed!

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 14
  7. 15
  8. 16
  9. Page 17
  10. 18
  11. All
Suse,

What I'm on about is that some posters said that prayer is a waste of time so I posted some examples of what some others regard as answers to prayers.
I'm also on about the Green polly being so selective in attacking one Parliamentary practice because of its religious connotations but ignoring all the other religious practices of Parliamentarians, whilst on the payroll, and the religion oriented practices of the State.
One out, all out.

No one can refute these Lourdes claims of the efficacy of prayers or even give any references to any refutations, so on the face of it the claims that prayers have been answered should stand.

Responde Ponde?
Posted by Is Mise, Sunday, 26 January 2014 6:58:46 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Is Mise "No one can refute these Lourdes claims of the efficacy of prayers or even give any references to any refutations, so on the face of it the claims that prayers have been answered should stand."

Rubbish!
I, for one, refute it.
No one can prove any god caused these recoveries.

If there was any god out there granting 'miracles', why on earth wouldn't he heal all the poor dying children that are dragged to Lourdes every year?
I can just imagine all the prayers their relatives are saying ...

And yes, I agree that parliamentarians should not use their parliamentary time to pray out loud in public, at any time.
Posted by Suseonline, Sunday, 26 January 2014 10:50:42 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Is Mise, would it not be just as logical if I was to claim, all those "miracles" you site are down to a Hindu god or goddess, there sure is plenty to choose from. I can claim your god is simply stealing my gods thunder, besides your god's getting a better press, so he might, given he has the whole lot of the christian churches behind him.
Posted by Paul1405, Sunday, 26 January 2014 11:36:06 AM
The Prayer the Lord taught to his disciples must relate to real life otherwise it is just a chant not believed by those saying it. You would wonder at the character of those objecting to the reality of its meaning.
1. There is a higher power in the Universe to which we are accountable both morally and physically. There are principles in the universe to which we owe higher allegiance.
2. We ought to desire a human society where pure thought and behaviour is our aim.
3. We as leaders of our society must plan for the needs of society.
4. May we forgive those who have spoken given false witness against us.
5. Lead us not into the temptation to falsely dishonor another.
6. May through all my deliberation purity and truth reign.

Of course the Greens would not want any resemblance of these values.
Posted by Josephus, Sunday, 26 January 2014 11:44:24 AM
Paul,

It would be rather illogical for Hindus etc., to make such a claim as Lourdes is firmly associated with Mary, the mother of Christ.

What I cannot understand is why no one has torn the claims of miracles there apart.

There have been reams of paper written upon proving that the Shroud of Turin is false so why not about Lourdes?

You have said that the miracles are a hoax; is that just your non-medical, unscientific opinion or can you give references?
Posted by Is Mise, Sunday, 26 January 2014 4:25:04 PM
Suse,

You said:"....Imagine if you are in the bank and the tellers all suddenly start chanting some prayer loudly? Most people would be annoyed waiting to be served while the tellers wasted their time at work."

Funny that you should mention that for I have had just that experience, except that most of the bank's customers joined the staff and were not in the least annoyed; those that didn't join in, for religious reasons probably, were not annoyed either.
I thought it a rather nice custom.

You also said:"And yes, I agree that parliamentarians should not use their parliamentary time to pray out loud in public, at any time."

So if a form of prayer is offered in Parliament for our War Dead then Parliamentarians should not take part?
What if it is a silent prayer but observed in Parliament and they are being paid to pray silently?

How about the Australian Parliament maintaining Christian Crosses at public expense?

Is wearing a Cross a form of Christian prayer?

Bye the way, your "I refute" is not a refutation in the scholarly/scientific manner.
Posted by Is Mise, Sunday, 26 January 2014 4:49:21 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 14
  7. 15
  8. 16
  9. Page 17
  10. 18
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy