The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > So what's wrong with sending them back?

So what's wrong with sending them back?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 12
  7. 13
  8. 14
  9. Page 15
  10. 16
  11. 17
  12. All
Steel

It is mildly ironic that you --and those of your persuasion -- take great exception to anyone questioning the integrity of the "asylum seekers" but can readily write off anyone who does so as inhumane, cynical or worse.

The illegal boaties have sullied their own names:
1) The Middle Easterners jet into Indonesia or Malaysia then --for appearances sake --change into their civvies and hire a boat to Oz.
2) Best practice under Rudd & co was to get a short way off the Indonesian coast and then use their mobiles to call the HMAS taxi service.
3) Practically all of them destroy their IDs (though you don't want to believe it)
4) Practically all of them repeat the same generic rote learnt story to get acceptance
5) And we are finding that after securing their meal ticket in Oz many --and in time most-- return to their much feared places of origin to holiday --or even fight for fundamentalist causes they supposed ran from.

And, you might recall the incident when the Viking Princess rescued some (intending) illegals, and they repaid the act of humanitarianism by commandeered the ship and refusing to leave till they got a destination of choice (only affluent Western countries would do!).
And there have been similar incidents with merchant ships.

These are not one-offs! they are very much standardized practices.

What does it take to make you people realize that you are being had?
I'll wager that despite all your bigheartedness you would not accept similar from a tradesperson or tenant or employee.
Posted by SPQR, Wednesday, 22 January 2014 7:04:58 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi there STEELEREDUX...

I've just about exhausted my attentiveness for this topic now, though I felt it necessary to remark on one of your mistaken impressions about my own beliefs on the subject. You stated in your last thread something to the effect '...an Indonesian plot to Islamise our country...' ? No, that would not be any sort of strategy that I would consider the Indonesians would contemplate at this time ?

They have enough problems 'in country', without trying to create a plan of, surreptitiously introducing small groups of Muslim men and women into Oz. All for the purpose of thoroughly Islamicizing our fair nation ?

On one specific point though, we do agree ? The quality of some of our politicians on BOTH sides, is deplorable !
Posted by o sung wu, Wednesday, 22 January 2014 4:26:22 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear o sung wu,

My apologies if I have ascribed to you beliefs you do not hold.

I'm afraid I had misread or misconstrued the following exchange.

“It would seem there is some sort of conspiracy to fill Australia with Muslims. Indonesia would prefer an Islamic neighbour so is not going to do much to limit fellow Muslims coming to Australia by boat. I am sure they would deliver them by plane and ship if we are stupid enough to accept them.”
Posted by SILLER, Friday, 17 January 2014 4:34:40 PM

“Hi there SILLER...
I reckon you're right on the money with your insightful appreciation of this situation. Indeed, Indonesia would much prefer to have a Islamic neighbour, a neighbour with a bountiful, almost unlimited amount of resources close at hand, of just about everything they could ever possibly need. So indeed, it would be highly desirable if we were a fully Islamicist country ! With a ready made perspective of Islamic militancy and fundamentalism ! It's recognised as taking Australia by stealth. Without ever a shot being fired.”
Posted by o sung wu, Friday, 17 January 2014 7:53:43 PM

I am relieved to have you clarify that “No, that would not be any sort of strategy that I would consider the Indonesians would contemplate at this time?”

I will undertake to read your posts more carefully in the future.

As to this current crop of pollies it is tempting to think we should put them on a boat bid them farewell. Only problem is I'm not sure they would be welcomed anywhere else.
Posted by SteeleRedux, Wednesday, 22 January 2014 4:47:27 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
There's a distinct divergence between that of 'preference' to something that is an ongoing 'strategy'.

There would be no doubt that Indonesia would have a 'preference' that Oz was a fully Islamic Country. Indeed, it would be 'highly desirable' if Australia was a fully Islamic Nation, we (Indonesia) could take it over without a shot ever been fired.

Accordingly, I would sincerely doubt if they had, or indeed have, a 'strategy' in place to Islamise Australia, either ?

I'd 'prefer' to be fifty years younger. I wish I had a 'strategy' in which I could achieve this aim ?
Posted by o sung wu, Wednesday, 22 January 2014 5:17:54 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Bazz I recall years ago, a couple on, I think a yacht, on a sailing holiday ventured into Indonesian waters, and were shot dead. A couple of tourists, not even given an interrogation to see if they were in any way a threat. Heavy.
Posted by jodelie, Thursday, 23 January 2014 4:16:02 AM
o sung wu,
you summed up the real picture quite clearly but still there'll be scores upon scores of Australians who cannot grasp the situation. That'll be the costly part for the next 20 years.
Posted by individual, Thursday, 23 January 2014 7:29:37 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 12
  7. 13
  8. 14
  9. Page 15
  10. 16
  11. 17
  12. All