The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Creating a New (False) Religion

Creating a New (False) Religion

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. 11
  13. All
Yo bugsy
Using logic against boaz is like giving an enema to a rock.
Posted by alanpoi, Monday, 14 May 2007 10:36:09 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Thats funny, 'cos I've often felt that reading some of this crap is like getting an enema with one.
Posted by Bugsy, Tuesday, 15 May 2007 12:54:05 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
*grin*....I don't know why you blokes even bother with the mocking, at least Pericles puts a bit of effort into it.

But Let me tackle Alan/Bugsy's point about "logic".

If you can point out a logical inconsistency in what I wrote I'd be appreciative.

My main thesis is: "You can tell false religions by their fruit"

While that does not tell the full story, as in, some false religions are not just out to promote some individuals glory or expand his feifdom, like Buddhism. Their only problem is they are sincere..but sincerely wrong.

By that, I mean they have little foundation or basis in reality or history. Buddhist scriptures are very obscure. Bahai's are more about expanding the Bahai State, but it is based on democratic principles.

But shall we say 'false prophets' are clearly evident by the simple rule that they are in it for either the power, money or the sex or all of those.

I read today that Nigerian $$$ scams sucked in professionals.. doctors, teachers.. who continued to send money AFTER the Police told them it was a scam.....

Anything using Christianity...be it Islam or "pastor" Apollo, but which comes down on self glorification, agrandisement, involves murder, assassination, sexual privileges, wealth accumulation... those things are deserving of a call 'beware'.

After all.. intelligent people fell for the get rich quick Nigerian thing.

Pericles, did you fall for that Nigerian thing ? I wonder. You don't see the dangers of Islam, you just see me grabbing another 'stick' but this snake needs to be whacked repeatedly until it dies.
Posted by BOAZ_David, Tuesday, 15 May 2007 4:18:30 PM
I see you whacking something Boaz, but it ain't a snake.

And I do not mock you for your benefit, Boaz, so you can get over yourself there. I do it so we can all have a bit of a laugh at your expense. If it doesn't affect you, then thats even better, we all win.

Internally, your arguments may be consistent but that doesn't mean anything because they all make one big assumption that is never proved. You also cannot accept the alternative objective viewpoint: All religions are actually "false". It's hilarious that you think that all these other religions " have little foundation or basis in reality or history". Man, keep it coming, you really don't see it do you? While you are so fervently against all these "scams", the real one is actually the one you've pulled on yourself
Posted by Bugsy, Tuesday, 15 May 2007 5:10:41 PM
Well, you say this Boaz, but you don't actually mean it, do you?

>>My main thesis is: "You can tell false religions by their fruit"<<

This is diametrically opposite to what you have said when I and others have in the past pointed out the "fruit" of Christianity.

We cited the Jerusalem massacre, Oral Roberts, Adolf Hitler, paedophile priests, ducking witches, the Spanish Inquisition (nobody expected that one, did they?), the Borgia Popes, our friend here Pastor Apollo C. Quiboloy, and a whole lot more.

The list is indeed extensive.

Given such "fruit", I an absolutely sure that this is not what you intended to say, was it?

However, I realize that you want it to be true, so that you can point your querulous finger at Muslim terrorists and say "by its fruit shall ye know, Islam is a false religion".

Unfortunately, there is a saying involving male and female geese, and some sauce.

It would also throw into some disarray your usual apologetics, Boaz.

You customarily employ a position that we have come to know as the Boaz defence. It goes "if they act like that, they can't be Christians".

Unfortunately, you cant use this with the "by its fruit shall ye know it" argument, just doesn't work. It's like trying to switch from Ruy Lopez to Sicilian half way through. Can't be done.

Also, you generally follow up with the Boaz two-step and do-si-do, which points out that all Muslims have to act like terrorists, because the Qur'an tells them to.

Unfortunately, with so many peaceable and civilized Muslims around, this one looks kinda silly too, if you apply "You can tell false religions by their fruit" to it.

It looks strongly as if this is a major error of judgment on your part, Boaz.

If you disagree, I'll be fascinated to hear an explanation.

Truly.
Posted by Pericles, Tuesday, 15 May 2007 5:21:42 PM
Now Boaz sit down in the corner and be QUIET for a while
God/gods do not exist.
They were created by man to explain the world around them and the events and disasters that befell them.
They were then exploited by those in power to gain and retain control over others.
Churches and ritual were created to fill the entertainment gap as there was no TV.
Modern day religous people follow relgion for various reasons,
Brain washed.
Need a physological crutch to get them through life.
Relish the community and social interraction that places of worship offer.
Now I don't give a monkeys bum who or what you worship as long as you don't shove it down my throat, you however Mr Little Boaz are a dangerous man, hopefully without power or means,you really should desist from this infernal diatribe of hatred against your coreligonists.
I suggest you follow some of the christian principles you profess to follow try John 13:34-35 , it is your type of behaviour over the last 1000 or so years that has got us where we are today, thanks a lot.
Posted by alanpoi, Tuesday, 15 May 2007 7:03:49 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. 11