The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Is the Education Curriculum Review just a sneaky way to introduce creationism into schools?

Is the Education Curriculum Review just a sneaky way to introduce creationism into schools?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 11
  7. 12
  8. 13
  9. Page 14
  10. All
Chris, you know what I suspect Ms Donovan or Mrs. Somlyay or what ever her alias was, was doing for the tax payer for 3 years, judging by hubbies efforts in parliament for that time, NOTHING! except collecting a big fat pay packet.As a top notch investigator even you could gather the evidence for that one. Another Liberal, another snout in the trough.
Posted by Paul1405, Friday, 17 January 2014 9:02:35 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Paul1405,
It wouldn't matter what side of politics was running the show there will always be those who believe they have more entitlements than the others.
Personally I think there is a rat in the closet but I also know that we don't have a big enough trap to catch them and if we do there are too many holes in the net for them to get out.
The first thing that has got to happen if for any complaint or suspicion to be investigated by an independent body outside the mechanics of the parliament and for that body to have a direct link to the DPP with powers to file a brief.
Then we have to find ju8dicial officers that will deal with the case without favor or fear and that will also be hard to find.
Thus Paul1405 I thing we are stuck with what we have.
Posted by chrisgaff1000, Friday, 17 January 2014 9:23:21 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Just ducking back to the original subject for a tick.
If this is the case, it is dishonest, and reeks of bible 'pushing'. Taking into consideration a strong Catholic following, bonding he and his cronies, maybe even self serving.
NO...
Pelican& chrisgaff1000 posts friday 17th.
How is this allowed to happen? Clear blatant rorting of entitlements and whatever else. Is there not someone honest who can step up and do whatever the hell they have to do to bring these crims up before the Department of Public Prosecutions? Or has this institution become one full of cover-ups and corruption also.
'lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil'
Independent DDP, non-government appointed lawyer, to present the cases to be prosecuted.
I cant think anymore and its probably not helping anyway. :)
Posted by jodelie, Saturday, 1 February 2014 1:13:58 AM
Religion is neither necessary nor beneficial to the majority as a school subject.

One of the other subjects being shown alot if interest is 'Standing up to big booze'. First suggestion was to raise the legal drinking age.
20, 21, 22. Too late, kids are drinking in their early teens. Extra taxes, did nothing to deter teens before, or if it did only briefly. Annoyed the parents, paying extra for their own drinks and putting up with kids asking for or taking money.
Early education to nip it in the bud. Taught in class with no special teacher required. Information available on the net, local cops or individuals would be willing to volunteer a couple of hours a week for the cause.
Probably ages 10 -12 could be where to begin. Their brains are little sponges now and I dare say the subject will keep their attention. Maybe include mildly graphic video or pictures. We dont want to put the fear of God into them, but do want to instill all they need to know about the dangers of drinking too early. Avoiding alcohol until a lawful age, and responsible drinking and not succumb to peer pressure.
Posted by jodelie, Saturday, 1 February 2014 11:32:08 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 11
  7. 12
  8. 13
  9. Page 14
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy