The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Is the Education Curriculum Review just a sneaky way to introduce creationism into schools?

Is the Education Curriculum Review just a sneaky way to introduce creationism into schools?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 10
  7. 11
  8. 12
  9. Page 13
  10. 14
  11. All
Foxy and Mustard, we don't necessarily agree, but I think on this issue we are as one. I'm interested to see Chris's examples of "healthy racism".

I'm tempted to say "Gaff by name gaffe by nature", but I'll resist.
Posted by GrahamY, Thursday, 16 January 2014 3:57:32 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
[Deleted. Breach of forum rules. You can argue about moderation with me, but not on the forum, as that leads to the issue of moderation being republished, defeating the moderation.]
Posted by DonnaJon, Thursday, 16 January 2014 6:05:20 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Phillips there is a world of difference between criticizing the contents of a post and verbal abuse. One is debate and the other is trolling and spoiling the blog. If neither you nor Pjack can see the difference or failed to read the forum rules then don't be surprised if you get booted.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Thursday, 16 January 2014 7:31:00 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Seems the NSW Liberal Education Minister Adrian Piccoli, who is on a $43,000 tax payer funded "fact finding" mission to of all places Finnland, missed the meeting. Could that have been caused by the time wasted by Piccoli arguing with QANTAS staff at the first class book in counter, wanting to know why he had been booked into Business Class and not First Class. Piccoli knows how to spend a quid (taxpayers that is), seems his wife was also on the gravy train when the NSW taxpayer picked up the tab for her first class stay in Vietnam last November, this has been refered to the head of the Premiers Department for investigation. The kids might be missing out on the education dollars, seems Adrian Piccoli isn't.
I must say Piccoli's exploits for his wife pale into insignificance, almost, when you take a look at ex Liberal MP Alex Somlyay pay day for his better half. A mysterious Ms Donovan was employed by Somlyay in his office. Unfortunately Ms Donovan couldn't make it into work for 3 years but still managed to collect a hefty tax payer funded pay packet. And who is the mysterious Ms Donovan none other than Somlyay's cheese and kisses Mrs Somlyay.
A foot note, Somlyay was one of those high moral ground Liberal's who pursued Peter Slipper.
Posted by Paul1405, Friday, 17 January 2014 5:19:38 AM
Paul1405,
My understanding is that the lady was working from home. Isn't that a modernism that Labor invented so the women could be closer to their children?
Posted by chrisgaff1000, Friday, 17 January 2014 11:20:32 AM
There certainly is a need for reminders in ethics within Parliament but I suspect the problem is worse the longer a person is in politics. That is the growing sense of entitlement and the more they feel it's okay once in a while to extend the boundaries a little more until we get what we see today. Complete conflict of interest and billing taxpayers for private activities. I really do wish the Lord's Prayer made a difference but alas, it seems not.

Rorting entitlements seems to be so normalised in Australia that many people, including the media report on it but there is little follow up and no referrals to the DPP. Or if there are referrals to the DPP they don't pursue any further. But get a member of the voting public person ripping of Centrelink and there is no hesitation. Why is the treatment different?
Posted by pelican, Friday, 17 January 2014 3:43:58 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 10
  7. 11
  8. 12
  9. Page 13
  10. 14
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy