The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Avoiding catastrophe will we do it?

Avoiding catastrophe will we do it?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. 11
  13. All
Spindoc you seem overly defensive?
The thread asks many questions and is not a climate change one so why the defensive stance.
Have one of the deniers recently lept over board from the boat?
In truth warmair we have no chance of not being knocked of in the long term by what we call mother nature.
Posted by Belly, Thursday, 2 January 2014 12:53:30 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
*It looks like you are safe from spending seven and half months in a leaky smelly boat with Runner.*

And the final straw would be to find Tony Abort and the whole of the lib "we will turn the boats back" team waiting as you land with all of the animals and Runner.
This could upset Noah.
Posted by Robert LePage, Thursday, 2 January 2014 1:37:30 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Belly,

I was obviously covering the comments about the UNFCCC funding obligations by SPQR. Do you only read your own comments/responses?
Posted by spindoc, Thursday, 2 January 2014 1:40:46 PM
Spindoc, what is the UCFCCC ?
Don't think I have seen that acronym previously.

There will not be any compensation paid to undeveloped countries.
The rest will just not have the money.
I suspect that the coming very tight times for all governments is why
Copenhagen failed and why every conference from now on will fail.
I suspect that the governments are quite aware of the situation but
they just cannot speak its name.

I think it was Joe Hockey who gave some hints recently when questioned
about the $8 billion advanced to the RBA.
Just listen to what some politicians are saying, they are dropping
hints from time to time.

It will not really matter because the wind down we are being promised
is pretty general in its world wide coverage.
Basically all previous agreements on AGW compensation will lapse and
we can expect to see some of the globalisation treaties lapse or be just renounced.
Everything will become local.

Your World is About to Get a Whole Lot Smaller.
Posted by Bazz, Thursday, 2 January 2014 3:08:56 PM
I guess it shouldn't be surprising that the lovers of technology and money continue to stubbornly place their faith in these things, even though they brought us to this point & continue to bring us closer to the brink.

We not going to be saved while we continue in our greed and arrogance, thumbing our noses at justice for the poor and continuing to invest in our own comfort and security.

The rich in the world, that's us in the developed world, are not going to abandon affluence, perpetual growth, consumerism & greed - we see it as our only security and Savior. However, given a chance, the poor just might lead the way to a sustainable future.

If the poor saw a quicker way to housing & food security than capitalism they'd take it, & we'd all avoid Armageddon https://t.co/JWgUczLq6w
Posted by landrights4all, Thursday, 2 January 2014 3:43:01 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
"I put science a long way ahead of myth but nevertheless I see genuine Christian principles as a very big positive." Warmair, I couldn't agree more. Please don't confuse genuine Christian principles with the likes of the Catholic Church and other organised religions, caulk and cheese.

Does anyone watch the Doomsday Preppers on Foxtel.

http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/channel/doomsday-preppers/

If it ever comes, I hope I'm not a survivor with these Yankee wackos on the loose.
Posted by Paul1405, Thursday, 2 January 2014 5:51:34 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. 11