The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Pink Bats Royal Commision

Pink Bats Royal Commision

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 13
  7. 14
  8. 15
  9. Page 16
  10. 17
  11. All
....property, you can't sell a bedroom!

That's right G Kelly, and it is for this reason many investors only ever invest once in shares, as they oppt out when the price falls, Telstra being a prime example.

Property on the other hand sees most investors tough it out so they usually gain in the end.

One of the worst rulings made was to allow people to redraw on their mortage for the likes of toys and holidays.

Crazy stuff and a practice that should have been stopped long ago.
Posted by rehctub, Thursday, 2 January 2014 11:12:05 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
http://www.theadviser.com.au/breaking-news/29571-home-values-rise-almost-10pc
This link tells of over all price rises in 2013.
Another seen yesterday but unable to be found today gives state by state rises.
NSW topped the list with 14% rise in one year.
On the evidence I still see a bubble.
And await the burst.
Posted by Belly, Friday, 3 January 2014 7:11:19 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
rehctub, I am glad you mentioned Telstra! Not everyone has the temperament for the sharemarket and perhaps should never venture into it, but there are a few rules they must observe. Firstly the equity market is a long-term investment. Secondly the overall market ALWAYS recovers eventually so there is no point in locking in losses by bailing out when the going gets tough. If you wait long enough it will recover.

I have made a lot of money out of Telstra. Wayne Swan did a deal with Telstra that guaranteed a return of $11 Billion in cash over some years and then ordered the Futures Fund to quit the remaining 30% of their holding. At the same time the ALP and Swan in particular talked down the shares by getting stuck into Sol Trujillo and his mates. When the gov't floods the market with a sell-off of 30% of TLS it is little wonder that the price plunges. In fact, it plunged to less than $2.50 and I started buying at $2.60 and kept buying p to $3.60. I now hold a healthy quantity of TLS. Yes, I bought some as high as $7.50 back in T2 but overall my capital gain is close to 50% as the price is now over $5.25 and the yield including franking credits is in excess of 7.5% and is set to rise.I LUV Telstra almost as much as I LUV Wayne Swan :-)

Geoffrey Kelley
Posted by geoffreykelley, Friday, 3 January 2014 7:17:53 AM
Belly, you are correct that prices of housing are going up rapidly, but I am not as negative as you. Will the bubble burst or will there be a market correction? I suggest the latter. The financial gurus are stating that interest rates will be more or less stable over the next twelve months. The bubble will only burst if we see massive hikes in housing interest rates as we saw in 1974 and again in the late 1980s. The reason house prices have risen is because the interest rates are very low and I do not know anyone predicting big rises in the near future.

This is only my opinion :-)

Geoffrey Kelley
Posted by geoffreykelley, Friday, 3 January 2014 7:29:37 AM
We have not just walked away from the subject, we ran.
However in a post above Rechtub warns of unemployment and other things to concern us.
An icebergs tip bloke.
The economy is the problem.
And blaming Labor is not going to do it.
The GFC is not behind this emerging trouble.
And Abbott squandering cash on his pay the rich to have a child and have a RC to fund party propaganda will be seen as the cuts hurt.
And Rechtub be aware,your thoughts will have no impact on the eventual bursting bubble in housing.
Posted by Belly, Friday, 3 January 2014 7:34:59 AM
Belly, you object to the Royal Commission because it is flogging a dead horse, and anyway, both sides of politics are guilty of the same offence. That is your opinion but not mine.

For instance, you are saying that we ought to let a murderer go because bringing him to account will not bring the victim back to life. I do not believe justice is served if we adopt that attitude. Parents, relatives and friends of the workers killed in this project need to see justice done and justice will be done if the RC can bring people to account. Forget the politics Belly; it is justice that must be served.

You said, “Abbott squandering cash on his pay the rich to have a child”, but again this is a political statement and not one based on any particular philosophy. You see, Abbott and the Libs see PPL as a work entitlement but the ALP and you want to paint it as a welfare measure. We see the payment as being the same as long service leave, annual recreational leave and especially sick leave. Are you proposing that these work entitlements ought o attract some kind of “basic wage” like the pension? Or, are you singling out PPL because it is a Liberal policy and not an ALP policy?

Let it go Belly; Abbott won the election and the people gave him a mandate to govern and introduce OUR policies, not the ALP’s policies.

Geoffrey Kelley
Posted by geoffreykelley, Friday, 3 January 2014 9:14:23 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 13
  7. 14
  8. 15
  9. Page 16
  10. 17
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy