The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Girls With Attitude

Girls With Attitude

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. 9
  10. All
Victorian news papers today tell of a man vs girl confrontation.
It took place mid year and the Girl punched a ticket inspector in the face.
Two inspectors took her to the ground and others held her friends off.
I may be wrong but it seems this is not an unusual event.
Female punches ,male that is.
Do we understand the fact it is just as wrong for a woman to king hit a man as it is the other way around.
And in some cases is it true SOME females think only men must act with good manners.
Many past posters antiseptic for one, often highlighted his view of the increasing rise of the nasty woman who can say and do just as they wish.
I feel, in advance, the sharp rebuttal my comments will bring.
But as a white ribbon pledge person I think we should confro0nt the truth.
Some women are acting poorly.
Less than 4 months ago 4 teenagers in mid isle of a shopping center both blocked my path and held a loud conversation about how good attitude in a woman is and even, only for a very short time attempted to block my path.
No swearing no violence but it was clear to these less than nice young dears they best target some one else.
Are good manners for both sexes?
Posted by Belly, Monday, 9 December 2013 2:58:41 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Belly,

Violent behaviour is usually the result primarily
from profound social disasters - involving broken
homes, drug abuse, poor education, and unemployment.

Behaviour of this type is committed by people
who see no reason to adopt society's values for
society offers them nothing; who get no nearer to
affluence or success than what they see on their
TV set, whose repressed rage and even self-hate erupts
against those around them.

As for young girls behaving badly?
Many young girls no longer
seem to worry if they're being "like the boys."
Entertainment and sports have stripped away
many young girls' inhibitions.
In movies they're seeing very aggressive and sexy young
women take on the world with knives and guns, karate,
and fists. So some young girls get the message you can be
violent and a good guy. Also, Sports can and does increase
the risk of aggression and aggression can spill over off
the field
Posted by Foxy, Monday, 9 December 2013 6:29:04 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I only just saw that footage a few minutes ago. It doesn't appear to me to be half as brutal as they try to play it up to be. That girl was stroppy & I imagine the officers simply tripped her onto the ground to avoid being spat at, bitten or whatever the little craphead would have done had they not put her on the ground. Good swift action put her out of commission. People who know the officers should buy them a drink for being so switched on at less than a moments notice.
Had I been the officer I would not have waited till I was spat at or bitten & end up getting some dreadful decease. She certainly needs to do some quality time in a national service scheme or similar. Those idiot reporters giving her so much air time should be reprimanded too for encouraging feigned indignation.
Posted by individual, Monday, 9 December 2013 8:06:37 PM
It is a challenge for feminists isn't it it? How to keep the rather useful stereotype of sugar and spice and all things nice? However it was always the case that girls were violent too, it was just not reported because of that stereotype. Boorishness, poor manners, 'me-first' and 'I'm alright, Jack' were never the preserve of one sex.

Contrary to what Foxy says, it isn't sport and it isn't being like boys. Those are negative stereotypes and a load of bollocks, few boys were ever violent, most are not. Just as relatively few girls ever belted another girl or were dragons verbally or on an internet site.

Belly, if you think back I am sure you can remember ill-mannered, brutish girls and crude, foul-mouthed harridans of older women. I am certain you can easily recall toughs in skirts who belted the living daylights out of infant children and many still do.

In the Fifties and Sixties, the emphasis was on being 'nice'. That has changed with the selfish egocentrism of some and the modern focus on the individual. Feminism has promoted and excused some shabby behaviour. While some awful women always used words like c[bleep], just as some men have, they are acting as themselves and not as men. ie such behaviour is true to their upbringing and character.

As well, criminal behaviour by women, for instance husband killing and infanticide, were likely not investigated because of the rigid stereotype that protected feminine wrong-doers like a shield, or if the smoking gun was obvious an excuse was made. Foxy's post is an example of that, predictably. Feminists have the best of both worlds by asserting that women are just as good killers and men and likely better they say, when arguing for positive affirmative action for women in the military special forces for example. I happen to agree with them, the only problem being can they carry the heavy packs?
Posted by onthebeach, Monday, 9 December 2013 8:21:28 PM
There is no doubt that all forms of violence are increasing in our society, including violence perpetrated by females.
I wasn't aware that there were any different punishments for the same sorts of violence committed by female criminals as by male crims though?

I just watched the footage on the TV, and the girl and her accomplice were certainly nasty little pieces of work....just by their language and the spitting we witnessed on TV.

However, the big guard picking up the slight 15 year old girl (so they said on the news) and tipping her upside down and spearing her into the pavement head first was a bit of overkill don't you think?
I would have felt the same way if it was a 15 year old slight boy , or small person of any age really. She didn't have a weapon, and wasn't really a physical threat to him.

Surely, the guard could have just grabbed her from behind and held her and she couldn't have got away? I would say he will be in deep trouble.
Posted by Suseonline, Monday, 9 December 2013 9:44:33 PM
Foxy my sweet, it is not sensible to try to justify a horrible little bitch being a horrible little bitch. In a country town I went to school with both the very affluent, & the very poor. The character of those kids, & the adults they grew into had very little to do with the wealth of their families.

Suse if people don't want to be treated physically harshly, perhaps they should think of that before dishing it out.

If I had some little or large scrubber trying to break the law, & bite me when I apprehended them, in this day & age my first thought would be AIDS, & I would take every action necessary to protect myself. Should that action resulted in any harm, or very serious harm to said scrubber I would be entirely justified in taking that action.

If some fool politician journalist or bleeding heart manages to cause the guards any trouble for just doing their job, it will further damage this society which already is far too ready to allow the yobo, male or female, far too much leniency.
Posted by Hasbeen, Monday, 9 December 2013 10:33:26 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. 9
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy