The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Best decision in six years/Who is Labor?

Best decision in six years/Who is Labor?

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All
Congratulations to the Abbott govt for sticking up for the nation and in particular the growers by vetoing the ADM grab of GrainCorp.

I thought that it was self evident that GrainCorp should be in local hands, self evident to all except ADM, GrainCorp, and the Labor Party, who on hearing the decision declared “the government had failed its first big test on business matters.”

Are they serious....failed...

The exact same rabble that allowed the selloff of more land in a six year period (including Cubby Station) than the previous twenty years are criticizing the best decision to come from our parliament since Howard.

Polls indicate that 80% of right and left voters do not want commercial foreign ownership of Australian land....so how can the Labor Party criticize the Libs for applying the overwhelming mandate of the electorate. I have had to learn to re set my political compass when it comes to what is self evident. I don’t recognize the Labor Party anymore.

Who does the Labor party represent, obviously not the 80% of Labor followers that disagree with foreign commercial ownership. Labor have to change their name....Australian Labor Party is not descriptive of the federal rabble....the Australian Leopard Party is an option....they have certainly changed their spots.....what do they stand for, who do they represent....really.
Posted by sonofgloin, Saturday, 30 November 2013 9:47:49 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Agreed Soggy. Interesting decision by Hockey. I would have expected the opposite from the current government.
Posted by Ludwig, Saturday, 30 November 2013 2:04:03 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear SOG,

I, like Ludwig, would also have expected a different
decision from the current government. So, Congratulations
to them for doing the right thing! I remember hearing the leader
of the LNP speak on this topic some time ago - and he
was definitely against the selling of Graincorp to
foreign investors. Perhaps the LNP had some influence
on this decision. Either way - well done!
Posted by Foxy, Saturday, 30 November 2013 2:25:06 PM
I wounder how committed to owning our own things Liberals are.
In recent weeks Australian makers of railway rolling stock have closed or are close to closing, we are importing even to fill government contracts.
I think we did the right thing not letting grain corp get in to American hands, but remember even some growers wanted the sale to go through.
Quantas is to go, and it was only the day before this announcement we heard that from the man protecting grain corp.
World trade is seeing every country having its once firms controlled by international firms.
Posted by Belly, Saturday, 30 November 2013 5:30:45 PM
"""
the Australian Leopard Party, sonofgloin?
"

The Australian Mafia Party more like it.
Fraud, pedophilia, racketeering and theft seems to be what they stand for these days.

With whatshername under investigation for fraud, Thompson for theft and fraud, Shorten under investigation for raping a 16 year old, Bryce and Rudd up to their necks in protecting a pedophile and all the rest complicit in it all.

The Australian Mafia party is all you could call them!
Posted by RawMustard, Saturday, 30 November 2013 5:37:08 PM
i too was surprised
who would have thunk..it

but note how wrong bill got it

i heard him..and saw the /front person..[for the back/room-guys]
who would LOVE...a tax free/tax..write off..to avoid paying ANY*taxes to austalia..inc*

its rare to..see/such full agreement[bar/bill]
but joe's ALREADY>>OK_ED..over 100..others without a murmer

wonder how much tax take was lost there
[one refusal..and the other..139=ok?..eh?]
Posted by one under god, Saturday, 30 November 2013 8:41:52 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy