The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Using Mobile Phones While Driving

Using Mobile Phones While Driving

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All
In days gone by hasbeen that would have been considered hilarious, but nowadays it's seen as sexist.

On a serious note, the next thing these people are going to tell me is that some cop, hiding on the freeway in a hundred zone, straight road, slightly down hill is not revenue raising, as he/she is trying to prevent accidents.

Meanwhile people are constantly doing 60 down the main street, in a 40 zone and not a cop in sight.

Sorry, but you will never convince me they are doing little more than targeting easy cash, as any action that takes ones eyes from the road for more than a few seconds is far more dangerous than talking on a phone while driving.
Posted by rehctub, Friday, 29 November 2013 12:29:19 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Right again butch, all cars come equipped with brakes, you are supposed to use them.
I do not believe in revenue raising, the law is there to be observed. It is not compulsory to answer phones or speed at any times.
The police stand on corners here with walky talky, looking at phone users and seat belts, next thing you know a policeman with a stick waves you in.
Every year the road toll is getting less here, so something is working.
Posted by 579, Friday, 29 November 2013 1:35:49 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hasbeen I got a grin out of that.
And the understanding you know the damage using one or other devices can bring while driving.
Rechtubs view concerns me.
Like Hasbeen has said he is I have always been a petrol head, even in my little shoe box 4x4 I can be found that bit above the speed limit.
*THIS SURELY IS NOT ABOUT OUR RIGHTS*
Road safety and the lack of attention while driving kills.
Look at how many Children are killed by Mum and Dads reversing out of the drive way.
Rechtub the driver is to blame every time not the kid.
And if other laws are broken, *we constantly* go in to print calling for bigger sentences!
And once we did very little about drunk driving, are the implications of that cash grabbing?
I support bigger fines and more lost points for this crime that more often makes other drivers/road users the victims of idiots claiming a right to break a law.
If we do not fine them how do we enforce the law?
Posted by Belly, Friday, 29 November 2013 2:06:19 PM
....Look at how many Children are killed by Mum and Dads reversing out of the drive way.

My point exctly Belly, and the phone is not to blame.

Eating a hot pie, or even KFC, or burning yourself on a hot coffee are all more dangerous than talking on the phone while driving, yet, how many pies are consumed while driving and, how many drivers are fined for this offense.

Very very few, and why, because it's too hard to police, illegal all the same but almost impossible to prove.

However,I'm the first to agree that texting or face booking, even playing with a GPS should be stamped out.
Posted by rehctub, Friday, 29 November 2013 7:04:42 PM
Rechtub I remain convinced you are unaware how phones are used in cars and all road users.
People tex one hand, they look up and reply, to face book and twitter friends, while driving one handed.
The statement it is like drunk driving was not my opinion but research gave this.
We can, if we wish research on line and find death after death after cars or trucks crossed to the wrong side of the road while the driver was texting .
While all your facts are quite right, the phone could be left in its cradle/purse ext but this higher fines and points is an effort to make us all accountable while drive=ing, *it in some hands is the phone*
Posted by Belly, Saturday, 30 November 2013 6:40:51 AM
Belly, read my posts, I am dead set against texting/face booking while driving, always have been, my point is about talking on the phone while driving.
Posted by rehctub, Saturday, 30 November 2013 8:49:03 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy