The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > What on earth is a voluntary code of conduct??

What on earth is a voluntary code of conduct??

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All
Coles and Woollies have just signed up to a voluntary code of conduct, which is supposed to improve their relationship with suppliers.

http://www.smartcompany.com.au/legal/34598-coles-and-woolworths-sign-on-to-voluntary-code-of-conduct-what-suppliers-get-out-of-it.html

This is good… …or is it, if it is voluntary?

This voluntary aspect seems to be entirely self-defeating. Surely it needs to be binding.

As a public servant, my code of conduct I was binding. It was stated to be our law book. We had no choice but to adhere to it.

Although as it turned out, it was entirely voluntary for my superiors, who ignored it at will and with absolute impunity… which caused me great consternation.

So… is a voluntary code of conduct going to work for Coles, Woolworths and their long-suffering suppliers?

Or is it just words on paper, with a completely different thing applying in the real world, as it was in my case?
Posted by Ludwig, Tuesday, 19 November 2013 11:17:03 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Code of conduct is one of the most meaningless rules we have because it doesn't apply to anyone in authority & that's where it would count the most.
Code of conduct in Woolies & Coles ? Let's not be so frivolous please.
Posted by individual, Wednesday, 20 November 2013 7:05:31 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
A voluntary code of conduct is just that, voluntary, and when its not followed, it was just voluntary anyway. I think authorities like the ACCC love those voluntary codes as the are a good cop out for when they can't enforce a code. Like getting the 'Shock Jocks' or big retailers, etc to follow a voluntary code.
About as useless as a voluntary code of conduct for illegal drug dealers!
Posted by Paul1405, Wednesday, 20 November 2013 8:12:33 AM
Oh you of little faith.

Of course it will work. The Accountancy industries and their representative (numerous and confusing bodies) have had them virtually "for ever".

Do you see masses of accountants hauled up before the disciplinary committees and with due deliberation and the blindness of time subsequently fined and sanctioned.

No you say?

So there is the proof that self regulated voluntary codes of conduct by industry interests work.

I did get that right didn't I?
Posted by Dicko in Tas, Wednesday, 20 November 2013 9:22:14 AM
diko/quote..<<..I did get that right didn't I?>>

sorry old mate..i cant judge..
a voluntary code of conduct..means its up to you..what you volunteer

its your chosen conduct guide..all that matters
is was it voluntary..or a forced statement

its like when..STAKEHOLDER;;like..big rich bankers miners business greenies etc..have..their say..but to tax smokers well..ignore their 4 billion..dollar tax take

we dont got no stake
stake is like mates rates
[only mates got the right..to momentary conduct]

unless you got a tax-free family..or cooperate trust fund..
your never..allowed..voluntary..nuthin..

only.. codified/mandated/statuted..
by laws..or orders of policed conduct.
Posted by one under god, Wednesday, 20 November 2013 10:24:43 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Report from Iron Mountain unveils a hitherto top-secret report of a government commission that was requested to explore the consequences of lasting peace on American society.

http://educate-yourself.org/nwo/reportironmountain1.shtml

The shocking results of the study, as revealed in this report, led the government to conceal the existence of the commission--they had found that, among other things, peace may never be possible;

*that even if it were, it would probably be un-desirable, that "defending the national interest" is not the real purpose of war;
*that war is necessary;
that war deaths should be planned and budgeted.

REPORT FROM IRON MOUNTAIN tells the story of how the project was formed, how it operated, What happened to it.

It includes the complete verbatim text
of the commission's hitherto classified report.

so willit be disinfo
or coded..info ..who..i knows only you could decide
being talked of here/now

http://www.republicbroadcasting.org/shoutcast/shoutcast.html
Posted by one under god, Wednesday, 20 November 2013 11:36:01 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy